Chapter 23

"Don't worry

"Don't worry. Let's just hope it'll never happen." I said as my cheeks felt really wet and drops of tears are felt upon my shoulder

I can feel him nodding and after 5 seconds, we let go of the hug and revealed our crying faces. He smiled and wiped my tear away.

"Don't forget about me.... Sister" He said and I smiled

"Chill out. It's still not clear when he's gonna tell me." I said and I earned a small laugh for him

He stood up and I just eyed him. He walked to the door and before he left, he crained his neck towards me. He smiled and I smiled back. After that, he left.

I wiped my tear away and looked at the mirror. My nose was red. No, I can't let Jungkook see me like this. I went to his bathroom and washed my face. I took a deep breath before going out.

I opened the door, only to be greeted by Jungkook's face. I stepped back in surprise.

"What took you in here so long?" He asked

Maybe he thinks that I was still putting on my sweater. Well, I have to lie no matter what.

"Nothing. Your sweater is just... Oversized." I said as I looked down wearing his sweater

"Well, wear that or your wet shirt. Your choice." He shrug and walked to his bed then sat down there.

I walked over to him and he patted the seat beside him, signaling me to sit there. I quickly sat there and breathed. He gave me the medicine and a bottle of water. I quickly drank the pill and water and after I was done, I hand it back to him.

But... Weird. His eyes are flashing the feeling of... Fret. It felt weird then the atmosphere got weird. Not awkward, but weird. After that, he put the medicine in his night stand and I can't help but feel... Anxious.

We stayed silent for a solid 10 seconds and it made me nervous. He then sighed and I could only look at him.

"I think it's time." He said

That four words came out of his mouth made my heartbeat increase faster than before. It's freaking HAPPENING. How.... I'm sorry Taehyung.

"T-time for what?" I stuttered

Please don't say it. Don't frickin say it.

"Time for me to tell you my past." He said

And at last, he said it. I gulped nervously. At first I really wanted to hear those words but now, I hate it more than ever. I hated it so much. Stop, Jungkook. Stop.

"But... If I tell you my past, you gotta tell me your past too." He said

Okay. Here's the thing. I already know his past right? But I don't want him to know my past. Well... I could just say no so he won't tell me about it. But then... What if he asks for the deal? Oh shit, I am confused.

Come on, say no. Just say it, Yoona.

A voice rang inside me. I parted my mouth but nothing came out. What?? What happened to my voice? Why am I like this?

"And I won't accept a 'no'. This is for the deal." He said

Great, I'm too late. Well... The thing is... I don't know that 'last advice' I'm going to tell him. I could pretend that I don't know right? But... What if that disappoints him? Gosh, this is so complicated.

"U-um... N-now?" I asked and he nodded his head

Oh shoot. Um.. Make an excuse or something.

"Y-you go first!" I quickly exclaimed

He first chuckled and then nodded his head slowly. I gulped and I keep hoping that maybe something will change his mind and not tell me.

"Back in... Middle school days... I had a girlfriend. I loved her so much... And I thought she loved me too. Then on... Thursday, I think.... After school, I texted her to meet me in front of the gate. But she never came. And that's when I found out that she was making out with another guy at the school's closet. After that, I got heartbroken. So heartbroken. Of course, we broke up... Well after that, you could say I became more... Sensitive." He started explained

"Like you, changed?" The words slipped out of my mouth and I mentally slapped myself.

"Yeah... After that, I kinda isolated myself. I became quiet and shy but I had a fire aura in me. Then... There was this new student. She was so hyper and she was told to sit beside me. Seriously, she was so loud and annoying. She kept trying to talk to me. Encourage me that I shouldn't be icy quiet. Seriously, she was a sunshine... And I just knew that after I hurt her. As silly as it sounds, she got me attracted and of course, we're a couple by then.

After three weeks.... She started being quiet than ever before. I asked her about it and then... That's when everything broke apart. She said she was going to abroad. I got mad. Really mad. Furious, even. I was mad because every people I love left me like shit.

I shouted at her face of how she's a bitch for leaving me and I regretted it. I really regret it. She hated me, I hated her. No feeling of heartbroken was wasted on her. That's when she told me she hated my guts and that I... Don't deserve to have a girl.

Now, I admit it. I even hate my own guts. All she ever did was make me happy. And I just called her a bitch. Every attempt I have tried to get heartbroken so she would forgive me, but I couldn't. I'm such an evil person" He stopped

I looked at him and he only looked down. I leaned my head on his arm to maybe make him feel better. Even if I already knew this story, Jungkook made it more empathetic.

"It seems like... You really love her a lot." I said a little lifeless

He doesn't like you and he won't.

"Tch, I wish I could say that to myself back then. But it's all too late now." He said and I can feel his smirk dropped

"That's why you're here. I need you to break my heart. So, I could stop this sensitive feeling. So I would never hurt anyone like her ever again. So I won't make the same mistake twice." He continued

I nodded my head a little. With that, he rested his cheek on my head and he kept calling himself stupid for leaving her like that. I couldn't do anything. All I could think of was how I'm gonna leave him like his second love. Not that he'll care anyway.

"It's your turn" He cleared his throat

"I... Well.. " I started off

Then, I told him my past. I don't care if he knows it or not now. He listens to my story so well, even making a comment in the end. It was like a night full of sorrow that time.

I just hope....

The universe will unite us in the future.

A/N: Lowkey missing 1D rn, idk why.