Chapter 17

After two hours, we were gathered again on the field

After two hours, we were gathered again on the field. Well, the uninjured ones, of course. The teachers will leave the last with the injured ones. One by one, we went in the bus.

Weirdly, Hyuna wasn't with me so, I ended up sitting alone in the bus. But, I could care less. I plug my earphones to my phone and played the songs on my playlist.

I looked outside the windows and surprisingly, there were stars. It's hard to find stars nowadays because of too many pollution. The smoke from the industries covered the sky until we can't see the stars anymore.

But now, I'm happy that I get to see the stars. The last time I saw them was like... Years ago when my family and I went on a night picnic. I star gaze too much until I didn't even want to leave that day. But sadly, I had to.

"Alone?" A voice startled me

I averted my gaze to the person asking me that earlier. I turned my body around and saw the guy with his usual smile and his leather jacket.

I smiled back at him and nodded to answer his question. Without any time to waste, he sat at the empty space beside me.

"Stars are rare to find these days, huh?" He asked as he looked to the window

I nodded at his question and looked back at the stars.

"I love star gazing" I said

"I wish I could" He suddenly said which made me raise my eyebrows

"What?" I asked, signaling him to be more detailed

"Stars are beautiful to look at but... It just misses me of someone." He said

Not wanting to remind him or make him sad, I tapped his shoulder. I smiled at him and he did in return.

"Pasts are the worst. It's hard to avoid them. Though without it, we couldn't be the person who we are now. Past may hurt but it's helpful." I said

"But don't you sometimes wish that we could forget about it and just be the person we are now?" He questioned

"Jihoon, soon enough, all of this will be the past." I said

We talked a lot and I didn't care for the other students who were glaring at us. Ugh, I sound so selfish right now, I'm sorry. I just... Enjoy his company.

Along the talk, I started to get sleepy. I yawned silently and my eyes opened and closed. I tried to stay awake but I had no energy left. I suddenly joined Dreamland.

-

"We're here" A whisper said and I slowly lift my head

I looked up and saw him smiling. How can I see his face that close? Wait... Did I slept on his shoulder? After I realized that, I bowed a little even with my eyes still a little closed.

He chuckled, "Ah, kiyowo" He then pinched my cheeks which made me kind of startled and so my eyes shot open.

He stopped pinching my cheeks and stood up from his seat to get out of the  bus. He offered me a hand and without thinking twice, I took it and I stood up, following the line.

When we were out of the bus, I stretched a little. I took my phone out and I had a text message. I pressed it right away.

From: Jungkook
I'm waiting at the lobby. We're wearing black.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I read the text. We? Is he with someone else? Why didn't he tell me?

From: Yoona
We? Who are you with?

I realized that I was only typing with one hand. When I took a look at my other hand, my eyes widened. My hand was still... Held by Jihoon. I gulped as I stared at him and my cheeks got tinted pink.

Good thing he was looking at what's in front. Because if he saw me, I'm probs dead.

"Come on" He dragged me with him inside the lobby.

I followed him and finally a vibrating feeling on my hand was felt so, I look at it.

From Jungkook:
Taehyung. Where are you?

I wanted to type back but, I couldn't. After we're in, I started to search for those Imbisiles. I tip-toed and looked around.

"Who's picking you up?" Jihoon asked me

"Oh, a friend" I said, still looking around

"Where is he?" I mumbled and I think Jihoon heard me because now he's looking at me.

"If you don't have anyone, I'll take you home." He said

I smiled because of his kindness. Now wonder he's the popular guy. He's handsome, cool, and bounteous.

"Well thanks, but he's already here. He messaged me a while ago" I said and looked back at my phone

"Do you know what they look like or what they're wearing?" He asked

"Oh yeah, they're wearing black" I said

He then started to help me search the both of them and I finally saw them.

"There!" I pointed at them and suddenly, they looked at me too

They started making their way towards me and Jihoon. After they were close, I waved at them and smiled. Weird. Weird because only V smiled at me but Jungkook didn't. Why am I sad?

"Hey, thanks for taking care of her" V said to Jihoon and gave him a handshake

I realized that our hands was still intertwined with each other. I could feel V and Jungkook looking at it and I felt uncomfortable.

"Uhm, she needs to leave, please?" Jungkook said in a rather... Cold tone.

Jihoon realized what he was talking about and then looked at our hands. In a flash, he let go of our hands and I can see a tinted pink blush plastered on his cheek and it made me smile.

I felt someone's eyes on me so I looked to my right. I then saw Jungkook glaring at me. Did I do something wrong?

"I'll be going now. Thanks Jihoon!" I said

And unconsciously, I took Jungkook by the arm and walked out of the lobby with V following on my left. I could feel Jungkook tensed to because of our skin ship. I decided to tease him more and leaned my head on his arm as we walked.

I could see a red color on her cheeks and I just laughed a little. With my other hand, I put my arms over Taehyung's shoulder.

"You seem excited tonight" Taehyung said

"Hmm... I do? By the way, sorry if I didn't pick up your call. My battery went off."

"Tch. I called you but instead of me, you called Jungkook back?" He said and I just realized how stupid I was.

"I just realized that. Well sorry if I made you frown. Hehe, you're so cute" The words slipped out of my mouth and he blushed a little but I can still see it

I looked back at Jungkook to see that no smile is plastered on his face and it made me frown.

"Jungkook-ah, why aren't you smiling? Aren't you happy that I'm back here?" I said and then he looked at me

"W-what? No, I thought I saw a ghost" He said

"Oh, that reminds me of something! Come on! I have a LOT to tell" I said and we entered Jungkook's car

I sat at the back while they were at the front. After the car started, sleepiness took over me and once again, I joined Dreamland.