Chapter 17

April walked out of the hospital. It was already dark but that didn't really bother her. She still had an hour before her parents would arrive, plus she was very exited about the dinner her girlfriend cooked.

"April!" Arizona run up to her. "Do you wanna come to Joes with us?"

April wanted to yell yes immediately. Everything was better than to let her mother embarrass her. "Sorry, I cant I've got a dinner to go to."

"A date?" The blonde jumped happy for her best friend.

"Not exactly." April sighed and stopped at her car. "My parents are coming over to meet Addison."

"But that's great!"

"You say that until you meet them."

"From what I know, the sex afterwards is always amazing." Arizona winked at her, causing April to blush. "Good luck!" She pecked her cheek before she joined Callie and the others.

The Doctor sighed and got into the car. Hopefully she still had some alcohol left to survive this evening.

April opened the door to her apartment, spotting the shoes all over the floor. "Shit." She cursed to herself.

The laughter coming from the living room confirmed her worst nightmare.

"Mom, Dad." April strolled up to them, interrupting the great conversation they had with her girlfriend. "You shouldnt be here until like 30 minutes."

Her mother was the first one to get up. "We arrived earlier and Addison was nice enough to let us in." She hugged her daughter loving.

Her dad was next, pulling her in for another hug. "You got quite a catch."

April blushed, she knew he meant to whisper that but everyone could clearly hear it and Addison smirked at her.

"Come sit." Her girlfriend shoved the chair out for her to sit beside her.

"Thanks." April sat down and quickly leaned over to peck her lips.

Both her parents squealed at that.

"I think I need some alcohol." The girl huffed and Addison already handed her a glass, which she took thankful.

"I must say im quite surprised, honey." Her mother observed the two. "When I heard you had a girlfriend I thought its the blonde doctor."

April almost spit out her drink.

"Who?" Addison arched her brow. "Arizona?"

"Yes that was her name, I think!" Her dad put in.

"No, no, no. I told you both often enough we are just friends." April took a big sip of her glass.

"Wasnt she a lesbian?" Her mother asked and her dad nodded.

"So are we." The redhead gestured to herself and her girlfriend.

"What do you define yourself as? Since you know, April doesnt have these common lady parts."

April facepalmed herself. "You dont have to answer." She whispered to Addison.

Her dad took her hand. "Its not something to be embarrassed about, honey. A lot of people would like to have a significant other with parts like this."

"Oookay!" April put her hand away. "Can we stop talking about me?"

Addison stroke her thigh comforting. "I define myself as someone who loves your daughter." She shut them both up successfully.

The girl smiled at her. She couldn't imagine anyone else being by her side right now or ever, actually.

Her parents held each others hands, smiling bright. "We're proud to welcome you in our family." Her mother nodded at Addison in approval.

"You should both come to our family meet up for Aprils birthday this saturday!!" She suggested but April already shook her head.

It would just end in her mother being embarrassing again while her sisters have the worst ideas and her grandma yelling at everyone.

"Why not?" Addison nodded, sipping from her wine. She knew it was Aprils birthday coming up and this way she could have her whole family around and celebrate with her as well.

Her girlfriends jaw dropped.

"Awesome!" Her mother yelled. "You can both stay the whole weekend with us. Your sisters will too."

"Mom, I dont think-"

"Come on!! Its gonna be great!"

Addison glanced at her smirking. "I want to meet your sisters."

April sighed, hesitating before she nodded. "Fine. Only two days. We will leave on Sunday." What the hell did she get herself into?