Chapter 15

April didn't show up at work for the rest of the week. She called in sick before she turned her cellphone off again.

She used the time for herself and started redecorating her apartment after she destroyed nearly all of it.

The young doctor decided not to spend any more thoughts on Addison. She didnt want her and she couldn't change that anyway.

It was Monday when April decided to give it a try again. She took a deep breath and put on her white coat before she asked Dr. Webber where he wanted her to help out. "Dr. Montgomery needs some help since Dr. Stevens is free today."

Awesome. April huffed. Her first day and she already wanted to kill someone. She strolled down the hallway to find the doctor as she could hear the people talking around her. Of course nothing could stay a secret in this hospital.

When she first saw the woman who broke her heart she felt a bit of pain in her chest but decided to pull through. She wasn't alone, to her bad.

Her best friend was standing only a few inches away with Callie.

April stopped behind them, clearing her throat.

Arizona was the first one to recognise her. "April!" Causing all of them to turn around to face her.

"Doctor Webber wanted me to help you out." She handed Addison the sheets, not even flinching as she looked her right in her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Came the question from Arizona, who strolled closer.

April shrugged. "Yea, was just sick."

Everyone knew it was a lie but no one dared to ask further.

Addison kept staring at her in silence. She didn't look as confident as she used to.

"I will be going then and check on some patients." April quickly decided and turned around to leave them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Arizona was the first one to find her friend again. "What do you think you're doing here?"

"Working?" April stated innocently.

"You know what im talking about. You left and didnt pick up for a week."

"I told you I was sick."

Arizona grabbed her wrist gently, turning to face her. "Stop lying to me."

April looked her best friend in the eye. She felt bad for lying to her but didn't want to talk about it and live through the pain again. She just managed to push it all away. "I had a thing with Addison and wanted more. She didnt. I fell hopeless in love with a woman who is way out of my league and she doesnt feel the same." She explained to her friend who stared at her with an open mouth as if she spotted a ghost.

A few seconds later April found out why.

"April." Came a voice behind her, a hand placed on top of hers.

The voice sounded all too familiar and April just wanted to vanish right there.

Addison squeezed her hand gently.

"Go away." The redhead nearly whispered, not looking at her. Chances where all too high she just heard what she said. And that would be even more embarrassing.

"Stop running away and talk to me." Addisons voice was soft like she never heard it before.

Arizona decided it was the best to leave them alone for now. She patted her friends arm gently before she left.

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Hear me out. Please."

April didnt say anything and stared into nothingness.

Addison took it as an agreement and started to talk. "I did not want anything from Mark or ever wanted in the future. Hes a friend for me. I also told him that already and he took it fine. I don't want anything from anyone but you, April."

It was the first time the young doctor faced her now. "What happened at the bar?"

"We had a few drink with Meredith and Derek and had a bit of fun. But I swear on everything I have, there was nothing between Mark and me. I was drunk as shit and all I wanted was to go to you. What I did."

"You didn't kiss him?"

"No." Addison shook her head. "The only lips I kissed for quite a while are right in front of me. And I cant wait to kiss them again, honestly."

Aprils features softened. Her heart felt like it just learned how to beat again. "Did you hear what I said?"

Addison nodded and pulled her closer to kiss her.

It was one of these kisses where your heart beats unbelievable fast suddenly and you have the feeling as if you just came home after you've been away for years.

"I love you too."

And April realised thats where she was when she was with Addison;

Home.