Chapter 9: Do You Have A Seahorse?

Start from the beginning

He wasn't buying anything of this.

"Really? Because it kinda seemed like you wanted me to kiss you."

What did he just say?

My breath hitched at the use of his words, just thinking of him saying "kiss you" was enough to send chills down my entire body. I was confused, happy and sad all at once.

I wasn't imagining it after all.

"Why would I ever want you to kiss me Carson?" I said making the fakest laugh ever escape my mouth. Acting unbothered and taking his words as a joke was a lot harder than it appeared.

He crossed his arms and I could see him press his tongue to the roof of his mouth.

"Bree you do know I would never kiss you right?"

Ouch.

"I wouldn't let you even if you tried." I mimicked his expression as we had a silent battle with our eyes.

"We should probably get back to the movie." He finally broke eye contact and ran his fingers through his hair with a sigh. I looked down at his tapping foot and felt a wave of  relief over me, somehow him rejecting me made it easier for me to reject him.

The rest of the night was spent watching the ending of Freaky Friday, me on one side of the field, him on the other. I gulped as I watched him lay down in between Hilary's legs and everything came into clear view.

I was jealous of something that wasn't mine.

                                  • • •
"That's a little vague Mickey." Austin said fixing his hair with a thick substance that could only be described as "the best hair gel in the entire world." Or at least that's how Austin described it.

"I just honestly think Martin is a mutant, like it totally makes sense. He wears glasses and loafers, plus he didn't even know what vines were. Are you kidding me?"

"I worry about you Mickey." Austin said putting his hand on Mickey's shoulder, giving him a sympathetic look.

"Go fish." Sebastian said sorting the cards in front of him, I knew he was probably cheating but decided to save the argument and cheat back.

"Do you have a Seahorse?" He peeked over his cards and I stared blankly at my own cards, especially the Seahorse one on the very end.

"Nope."

"Okay children, I'm off." Carson said escaping the side closet and grabbing his ID off his nightstand.

"Where are you going? It's like 8pm." Mickey said grabbing a handful of jellybeans and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Oh I'm sorry mother, god forbid I stay out past 3 'o clock." Carson remarked as he put his black converses on in a hurry.

"Did you get another booty call from Hilary?" Austin said using his index finger to jab Carson in the stomach.

I shouldn't be jealous, me and Carson we're nothing but companions. Even if it is because he practically forces me to hang out with him. It's been exactly three days since I had that mental breakdown and Carson was there to comfort me through it, three days since he basically confirmed their is absolutely no feelings between us.