Chapter 13: It Was The Bears

It's scary when you've been so used to things for such a long time, you become familiar and acceptable with them. You surround yourself with that one thing because you hope that they won't change and you'll always have everything in order where you can control it.

Until you can't control it.

I couldn't control Shane, I couldn't control him to be the guy I wanted because unfortunately I was under his control.

But I can control the fact that I will no longer let someone hurt me the way Shane did.

I was going to spend this summer laying in bed, trying to think of ways to avoid my life. Maybe join a sex trafficking ring or even joining the circus, being the one who clean's all the elephant shit ya know? But instead I escaped for the summer, to camp.

Being at camp is a whole different elephant shit on it's own.

"Are we getting close yet? It's already dark out and if we keep getting any farther from civilization I'm going to start thinking you're trying to kill me." I said following in Carson's footsteps close behind.

"Be patient young grasshopper, besides if I wanted to kill you, I'd already done it."

"I'm a grasshopper now." I retorted while shaking my head, "What are you my sensei?"

"Is that our new sex role play? I chain you up and teach the ways of martial arts and in exchange you give me a b-"

"If you don't stop talking I will shove a turtle up your throat." He let out a throaty laugh at my response before looking over one of the tall trees and grabbing my hand.

"It's right up here." He quickened his pace and I could feel my heart beating faster and faster.

He was just holding my hand and I was having a mental breakdown.

"You like to hold my hand a lot." I said looking down at our hands connected but not intertwined.

"I like to hold my little sister's hand too." He said pulling me to make me walk faster.

Ouch.

That's when I saw it.

Carson looked over at me and gave me the hugest smirk, gazing upon my reaction. The grasslands were nothing compared to a fucking waterfall, it had a high jump and the water was clearer than Sebastian's fish bowl.

We'll talk about Sebastian's fish bowl later.

"How come we don't hear the water falling at camp?" I said completely confused at where he had taken me. "When I fell on that branch back there, was it because we were entering a different world and I was getting whiplash?"

"You caught me Jones... Welcome to Narnia." We both started to laugh but the sound of the waterfall died it out.

I walked closer to edge of the stream and stuck my hand in the water, I was immediately taken back seeing how it was surprisingly colder than I'd imagine. I turned around to ask why the water was so cold and found a stripping Carson, no longer wearing pants.

Jesus help me.

"What are you doing!" I turned away to hide my growing blush and mentally kicked myself for feeling this way.

"I'm getting in, c'mon Bree you only live once." He smirked before doing a giant cannonball in the water. It was dark but I could still see moonlight glistening upon his abs, and muscular arms. They shaped him perfectly and it was hard to admit how amazing his body actually was. Whether it was from soccer or baseball, maybe it was because sex, he did say 'fucking is a sport.'