Chapter 9: Do You Have A Seahorse?

"Just... apply pressure to the area." Nurse Collie said eying us suspiciously.

I couldn't exactly blame her, I would have too if two teenagers came to the nurse's office, one of them crouching, one of them not. At 7pm when they were supposed to be calmly watching a movie with the rest of the campers.

"How did this happen anyway?"

"I was laying down and-

"He ran into a tree." I cringed at my sudden outburst knowing 400% percent she wouldn't believe us now, Carson looked over at me and sighed into his hands.

"Don't mind Amelia, she has a rare disorder that makes her blurt out random words at times." Carson placed his hand on my lower back and guided me to the exit, it was more of a waddle but in his defense that was my fault.

"Did you take your meds today Amelia?" He said turning us around to face the Nurse again.

I was mildly angry that he was making me off as some deranged teenage girl, but decided to just play with it in hopes of saving ourselves from going to the Head Counselor.

"Apple Butt."

"As you see that's a no," If I was a regular person who didn't know Carson Parker, I'd almost miss the smirk he tried to stifle while talking. "I was laying down and she accidentally, well, grabbed my testicles in hopes of catching her balance when she tripped over her own feet." I visibly cringed at his foul mouth and turned around to hide my now pink face.

He was over doing it.

But when does he not over do it.

As I was waiting for Carson to finish up with the Nurse, I heard him whisper something behind me "Between you and me, I'm pretty sure she did it on purpose."

The Nurse looked at him, very unamused to say the least and I used my right hand to slap his arm leaving a big red handprint.

"Ow Bre...Amelia." He said stopping himself before he could slip up, he rubbed his arm muttering curse words under his breath.

"Sorry, side effects of the medication is arm spasms." I rolled my shoulders and smirked at Carson.

He shook his head knowing exactly what game I was playing at, "We're gonna go finish the movie, thanks Janet."

"It's Nurse Collie to you young man." She said following us as we exited her little Cabin office off the side of the Camp. "Also try to learn how to lie better kids." I could hear her laugh before closing the door leaving us staring at it flabbergasted.

"You dumbass! A rare condition really?" I said punching Carson's arm as his laugh filled the entire area.

"My thing was believable! Arm spasms?" He said clenching his stomach as he hunched over, a groan escaped his mouth as he realized the predicament that sent us there in the first place.

"Why did you kick me in the balls anyway?"

"S-self defense." I lied trying to straighten out my crumbled shirt, it wasn't like I could tell him the truth.

It was because you were about to seduce me into telling you my past and why I was crying about my ex boyfriend earlier and that made me confused and angry but it was also really sweet because you care but still I'm never going to tell you because that would change our entire dynamic and I don't want that to change because unfortunately I actually like spending time with you. Even though I would never admit that to you.

"You act like I was attacking you Jones."

"You weren't attacking me but I was uncomfortable so I did what I had to do!" I shrugged and his eyebrow came up. I tried to seem confident in my words but the way he stared down at me made me think I wasn't trying hard enough.