Chapter 24: You Owe Me 15 Dollars

I'm posting two chapters today, sorry for being late! A little disclaimer that you should definitely read at the end of the next chapter.
~~~~~~~~~

I was.

I am.

At peace.

Although my problems with Shane weren't fully gone, I had finally gotten a full night sleep since he had stepped foot on camp. Something about Carson and I making amends was a better treatment than any therapist I could have gone too. I was ultimately still tired when I woke up bright and early to see the campers come back from the field trip, the field trip I had become more increasingly happy I didn't attend.

Maybe Carson and I were meant to be friends, maybe all of what we went through was ultimately to lead to something more, a friendship? Although having the thought of Carson being my friend wasn't unfamiliar, it didn't exactly feel right either.

But I didn't need to rush anything.

I was finally at peace.

I decide to let my hair down today, maybe now I can finally continue camp without feeling like an 830 pound anchor was being tied around my neck. I run outside my cabin only to almost fall in the nearby bush, I collect myself again and walk normally to my destination.

But I was still excited.

"Carson! Carson! Carson!" I yelled, I lean over him and decided to start shaking his bed. "Rise and shine, we won't get this bread by ourselves!"

Carson groans underneath me, to which he pull his blanket over his head. "That was the most cringe thing I've ever heard."

I just yanked his blanket away from him anyway.

"Why are you up? The campers don't come back for another two hours." His voice is raspy and a piece of hair stuck to his mouth.

"I want to show you something," I sigh throwing my head back. "Hurry up grandpa."

He scoffs. "You're one to talk."

I continue to burn a whole through the back of his head, knowing perfectly well that either of us could keep this going forever.

He lays for a moment longer before groaning in defeat. "Fine."

I smirk to myself before checking outside at the non apparent sun rise, good good good. Carson finally made his way out of bed, wearing a muscle shirt and sweats.

My throat became dry at the sight of him in a muscle shirt, god he was sculpted from the gods.

"Like what you see?" He grinned playfully at me to which I scolded him.

"You wish."

"You're right I do wish."

"Fuck you."

"What time?"

I finish with a eye roll, knowing perfectly well that I wouldn't be winning this battle. By the time he finally made it out the door I was booking it to the destination, Carson became startled at first, but soon followed behind.

He caught up to me with his huge long monster legs.

"What are we doing at the soccer field?" He  cocked his head.

I struggled to breath, bending over at distance we had just finished running. I definitely need to get back to gym practice again. "You're going to teach me soccer again, except this time I won't be kicking your precious chicken dumplings."

Carson lifted one of his eyebrows, "And we needed to recreate this moment so early... why?"

"Because I wanted to see the sun come up," I shrugged. "Also because I'm trying help you make up for all the days we didn't spend together." I tease before picking the soccer ball off the ground and throwing it at his chest.

"Oh really? How thoughtful of you, Jones." He placed the ball back down in front of him and I tried to bite back the smile that was forming on my lips.

He ran his fingers through his hair, reminding me of a shaggy puppy. "Alright I'm gonna do this once, pay attention loser."

I scoff. "So scared."

He set his sights for the net, a determined look on his face. I watched as he took several steps back, focusing everything on where he wanted the ball to land.

"I wonder if this is how I look during gymnastics." I thought to myself. Suddenly I watch him spring forward, using all of his weight as he practically broke through the soccer's material. It soar, only a few feet off the ground and into the net.

He turned back to me with a smirk, "Think you can do that?"

"In my sleep." I gulped, I walk confidently over to the ball making sure to make a show as I grab the other ball and place it right in front of me. "What do I get if I make it?"

He raises his eyebrows. "Oh so you get something?"

I must be feeling extra confident today, seeing how I continue to tease him. "Mhm."

"What exactly do you want Bree?" He presses his tongue to his cheek in a humored manner.

I want you to kiss me again.

I could feel my cheeks burn a bright shade of pink, "Um nevermind."

He narrows his eyes at me, a confused expression written across his face. He doesn't push it though, instead watches as I walk my flustered self away from the ball and position myself in front of it. In one big breath I stormed over to the ball, I must have miscalculated my steps quite a bit because my foot completely missed the ball.

Sending me tumbling forward.

I barely had time to let out a groan before Carson broke out into hysterics, practically huddled over dying. At first I covered my face with embarrassment until finally I gave up and started laughing with him.

And this time I didn't feel like I was holding my breath in anymore, I was letting out all of my frustrations of the past weeks.

And it was okay, even if it was only for a moment.

• • •
"Boys!" I yelled before hurdling myself into their arms. "How was the trip?"

Sebastian let out a deep growl, but hugged me back none the less. "The most god awful thing I've ever experienced."

I took a step back to inspect their appearances, all of them looking a slight more tired and grouchy since they had left, Sebastian resembling an old man the most.

"You look happier?" Austin questioned, sending a skeptical glance between Carson and I.

I looked over at Carson who shrugged, "We're good now."

Suddenly Austin started cheering making me take a step back abruptly, "You owe me 15 dollars, bitch lasagna."

They bet on us.

He looked over at Sebastian who sent a scowl his way. Only Austin would come back from a trip with over 100 teenagers and still be as cheery as ever, through all their talking I peer over at Mickey who is quiet among the rest of them.

Carson must have noticed too because he says "How was it Mickey?"

Mickey looks up from where he was staring longingly at the ground and softly smiles, "It was cool, hot chicks."

I laugh, seeing how he was probably only tired from the long trip. "You guys are going to the camp meeting right? They're gonna talk about the favorite parts of the trip tonight, even if you guys didn't get to go." Austin asks us.

I look over at Carson who nods, to which I respond by nodding too.

I probably look like a little dog, waiting for what Carson was going to do.

"We're there." He speaks up.