Live Stream #278: Melody and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Man

The camera footage takes on a grainy quality, as if it's been corrupted and degraded through whatever processes had to take place in order for Elvis to get access to it.

It's the same angle that The Elimination Game viewers are used to - the Elimination Room shown through a wide angle lens so that no corner of the space is obscured. Melody sits at her place at the table, motionless, waiting. She's shivering slightly in just her underwear and a single sock, but she's given up on modesty and her arms hang limply on either side of the chair.

When a concealed door opens on the far side of the room, opposite the one that contestants use to enter and exit, she doesn't even flinch. Melody just keeps staring at one of her loose buttons on the surface of the table, and a man steps into the room, closing the door softly behind him.

He's wearing black from head to toe, and even his face is obscured by black fabric. His breathing is muffled through the material, but the microphone picks it up easily. He's breathing hard.

He goes over to Melody and she refuses to look at him - refuses to give him the satisfaction. Standing beside her, close enough that she can probably feel his hot breath on her bare shoulder, he says only one thing to her.

"You can scream if you want."

Then he grabs her by the wrist and pulls her out of the chair. She doesn't scream, but she puts up a fight, making him drag her toward the door. He's strong and it's not much of a challenge for him. He wrenches the door open and pulls her through it, and then the lights in the Elimination Room go out, causing the screen to fade to black.

A moment later, the camera switches over to another familiar scene - Elvis in her messy office space, surrounded by old fast food containers.

"I'm sure you all know what's going to happen to Melody next," she says. "If she's not dead already, she will be soon."

The comment section beneath the video is full of discussions on this point. There are entire communities online dedicated to figuring out just what happens to the Elimination Game contestants after the Elimination Room door swings shut, and the producers of the show do everything they can to encourage the rumors to fly because they know the controversy drives their ratings.

"Now," Elvis says, cutting through all of the debate in order to set the intention for today's live stream, "Melody went after Daniel pretty hard in that room. I think it's safe to say that she knew she'd lost favor with the audience - there's only so many weeks that you can play the role of mourning sibling before people tire of it, and that's exactly what happened to her brother.

She saw then that it was kill or be killed, and she tried to do it again tonight with Daniel. Say what you will about the heartlessness of what Melody did during her brother's elimination, but she's a fighter. I'd be surprised if she doesn't give 'em hell on her way out.

On the Elimination Game message boards and social media pages, there are already viewers saying that they voted for the wrong person this week. That's pretty rare, but they're starting to wonder what kind of entertainment Daniel can provide. It's hard to pit a scum-sucking former politician against a ruthless survivor like Melody.

Daniel had a hard battle in this week's Elimination Challenge, and if history has taught us anything about this show, it's going to be even harder for him next week if he doesn't do some serious PR work in the meantime.

I think he's got some spunk in him, though, more than people are currently giving him credit for. I think we're going to be in for an entertaining week."

The camera cuts away from Elvis and goes back to footage of the Elimination Game house. The show only officially airs for one hour every night, featuring the highlights of what happened that day, but there are a lot of unofficial live streams from people who have managed to hack into the cameras in the house.

Elvis's stream is one of the few that supplements with outside information, and it's growing in popularity. Her viewership is on the rise and she hasn't had to hold her audience ransom in quite a while - thanks to Daniel and Sasha, she's been living comfortably for the first time in ages.