Chapter 17

Ekkia's P.O.V

My parents are out for the night at a party and my sister Neve is sleeping over at her friend Haley's house. It was 9:30pm and my phone beeped twice, sighing I put the book I was reading down and checked my phone. I had two texts.

Mum:'won't be home until tomorrow, sleeping at a hotel'

Jackson:'something's happening at the Underground. Be at your place in ten'

I didn't bother texting them back I just got ready, grabbing my bow and arrows and dashing out the house to wait by the road. It was less than eight minutes later when a sleek black car pulled up. I got in the backseat and the first thing I noticed was that Izzy was missing.

"Where's Izzy?" I asked Fletcher who just looked at me.

"At the Underground" he replied

"Ok so what's going on?" I asked bluntly.

"Well it seems that Izzy has obviously become evil and is destroying the place along with an army of Grimwood's people" Jackson explained earning him a dirty stare from Fletcher and me.

"She's not evil" I said remembering the blank stare and black eyes she had all day "I don't think that's her destroying everything"

"Then who is it" snapped Fletcher

"Well I was reading in a book I got at the Underground that there are these shape shifters.." I didn't need to continue as a knowing look crossed both of their faces.

"Crap" they both muttered and sped up.

Isabelle's P.O.V

I stood in the lounge room painting a picture. Texts from Ekkia kept buzzing on my phone telling me to help save the Underground. I ignored them. Stuff the Underground and stuff everyone. Wait that isn't how I'm supposed to think? What the Hell? Have I been hypnotised or something? I looked at my painting it was of me but all in black holding a scythe.

"Morana" whispered something close to my ear.

"What?" I spun around to face a dark skinned ghostly girl.

"That's not my name" I told her

"Yes it is. You are the Goddess of Death, as your friend Aella is Goddess of life" she replied

"And you are...?" I asked

"Aurora Goddess of protection" Aurora replied

"Uhh ok" I said

"Your friends need you" she said

"I know" I replied getting up and grabbing my sword. "But how am I going to get there"

"I have a horse" was all she said.

We walked out my front door to be greeted by a white stallion, I seemed to float on top of it with Aurora in front of me. We set off at a gallop the wind blowing through my hair.