Caught and Ultimatums

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Fuck me. Fuck me and I'll take your slutty little secret to the grave."

The blood drains from my face and my stomach lurches as Michael gives me my ultimatum.

"Are you insane? You can't be serious!" I yell, trying not to cry.

"I'm dead serious Sophia. I'll give you twenty four hours to decide. Either this time tomorrow I'm balls deep inside of you, or Thomas is packing up his desk. You decide. Oh, and I'm sure you'll be expelled too."

Michael lets me go and starts walking backwards away from me. My legs feel so weak as I struggle to think of what I should do.

"I look forward to hearing from you, sweetheart." Michael says with a sickening laugh as he crosses the parking lot.

I can't let Thomas get fired, but I also can't give Michael what he wants.

I hunch over, vomiting the entire contents of my stomach onto the parking lot.

After I feel like I can see and think properly again I get into my car and rush over to Thomas's place.

I slam my car door shut and run up to his front door where I bang over and over again on the hard wood.

"I'm coming, I'm coming." I hear Thomas call from the other side.

He's smiling as he opens the door, but it instantly falls as he sees me crying.

"What's going on?" He asks me, pulling me inside and shutting the door.

His hands cup either side of my face in concern and I tell him everything that happened through violent sobs and convulsions.

"That fucking sick son of a bitch!" Thomas yells and starts pacing his living room. He runs frantic hands over his face and kicks his couch in unfiltered anger.

"Fuck him. I'll resign, I don't care." Thomas says as he grips the back of his chair, his knuckles turning white.

"I'm not going to let you lose your job over this, Thomas! I would also get kicked out and lose all of my credits." I argue.

"Then what do you suggest? Fucking him?" Thomas says almost accusingly.

"What? No I didn't say that! I'm just saying we need to think of something else."

"You heard him, Sophia, there is nothing else. I'm such a fucking idiot, if I had just kept my mouth to myself in the library none of this would have happened."

I cover my eyes as I cry, hating that Thomas sees me like this. I'm not a cryer, or at least I wasn't until this year. Now I'm practically a cry baby.

"Call him right now and tell him to rat us out." Thomas tells me, but I just shake my head no.

"What do you mean no? Those are our only choices, and frankly I'm mad that you didn't tell him no right to his face!"

"You're not thinking clearly, Thomas! There so much at stake here!" I argue, anger bubbling up in my stomach.

"We're at stake, Sophia!" Thomas counters and it feels like a punch to the gut.

"You know what, I can't believe you. I'm leaving." He says suddenly, grabbing his keys off of the counter.

"Where do you think you're going?!" I yell after him but he just spits out an ugly response.

"I don't fucking know, but anywhere is better than here."

And then he slams the door in my face.

***