Caught and Ultimatums

After an amazing night with Thomas I went back to Fiona's to see how she was doing. She was curled up on her kitchen floor spooning Nutella and crying which freaked me the hell out.

"What happened?!" I screamed as I ran to her side and tried to pry the spoon out of her mouth.

"I fucked Isaac." She said trough ugly tears, Nutella all over her mouth.

"How did this happen?! And why are you sad then?!" I yell, trying to lift her limp body off of the floor.

I didn't know why I was even yelling it just seemed appropriate at the time.

"Because I told him it was just a one time thing! I told him it was a mistake!" She balled onto my shoulder.

I patted her back awkwardly as a million thoughts ran through my mind.

I felt bad for Fiona, but I felt worse for Isaac because I know how emotionally invested he is.

Fiona gave me the full story, and as soon as she finally cried herself to sleep I put on some normal people clothes and snuck over to Isaacs place.

"Zac, let me in." I said as I knocked on his front door. It was seven AM and I wasn't in the mood to beg.

"Go away Soph." He replied from the other side and I rolled my eyes.

"I know you need a hug. Now open this damn door."

After a few moments of silence I heard the front door unlock and Isaac was standing there looking like hell.

His eyes were red and puffy, and when I opened my arms he practically fell into them. We hugged for a long time silently on his door step until Isaac finally pulled away.

"You might as well come in." He said dejectedly, leading me into his living room.

"Fiona told me why happened. I'm sorry, she gets like this. She can never commit to anything, but I know that she genuinely likes you." I said in an attempt to soothe Isaac who was chugging a beer like it was a Friday night.

"Doesn't matter. I'm not going to play her game. If she wants me she has to tell me."

I respected his resolve, but couldn't just watch him fall apart without doing something about it.

"Let me tell Fiona what you told me that night in the car." I begged him but he just shook his head. " She has to do it herself, Soph. I want to be genuinely wanted for once."

I could tell that Fiona's rejection was bringing up bitter memories of Kim and that there wasn't really anything I could do to help Isaac tonight. Instead, I talked to him until he too eventually cried himself to sleep and then I drove home and slept for twelve hours straight.

Too much has happened lately that's stressed me out. My two best friends refuse to spend time with each other, and finals are on their way. Things with Thomas and I are amazing at least and each day that passes brings me closer to graduation. Closer to a real relationship with the man I love.

I stopped going to the coffee shop that Clara works at, but I heard she got a second job at my favorite bar so I can't really go there either which sucks because Fiona and Isaac really like to drink lately.

Hmm I wonder why.

It's Thursday night and I'm closing down the library. It's deathly quiet as I check in returned books, my eyelids getting heavy with each passing moment.

"Excuse me miss, I'd like to return this book. I'd hate to get a late fee." I hear Thomas's flirtatious voice tease me from the other side of the counter, and I look up and smile.