Chapter Four: Nightmares

Aurelia
𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟐𝟏𝐬𝐭, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟔

" Seattle is in a state of terror." The news lady said, causing me to look up from my homework to the crime scene of many people dying. Seattle should worry. They had no idea they were being hunted by vampires." Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer...Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN."

" It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something." Carlisle said, turning the TV off while Edward and Bella walked in. I smiled at Bella, seeing her arrival, but she was confused by the sudden news.

" It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting." Uncle Jasper warned." Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..."

" It's Newborns."

" What, like new vampires ?" Bella questioned.

" In their first few months after the change. That's when there at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." I said, making everyone look to me, a bit shocked, I knew. I saw the eyes on me and shrugged." What?"

" Something to look forward to?" Dad sarcastically said, making me punch his arm, getting his joke.

" No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random."

Edward frowned instantly," Someone's creating an army."

" Oh, now we're definitely going to Seattle." Dad grumbled.

" An army of vampires ?" Bella said the only one freaked by the idea of vampires untrained.

 I tapped my pencil a bit and turned to my Dad seeing he was a bit concerned." And they've been created to fight someone."

" We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Uncle Jasper added.

" So, you think they're coming here?" I asked now, being the one to freak out a bit." You think it's the same person that broke into Bella's house?"

" Regardless of who are they were may, if we don't put a stop to them, the Volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go on this long."

" Maybe they're behind it." Edward suggested." In Italy, I read Aro's mind. He wants me and Alice to join him. He knows we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive."

" An army could solve that for him."

" Let's talk about this later. You three have school." Carlisle said, making me pack my bags and follow Edward and Bella.

" You be good today. No skipping." Dad scolded, making me laugh while I turned, still going to the car.

" Very funny. That was a one-time thing."

" I don't know. Skipping school?" He questioned with a smirk." You're reminding me of...well...me."

" You know the saying. Like father like daughter." I teased, making Dad laugh." Bye, Dad."

" Bye, Princess. I'll pick you up today."

" Great, that car ride will kill me."

" I don't go that fast," Dad argued, watching me get in the car with Edward and Bella and head to school.

When we got there, I still had my earbuds in and walked into my locker. When I turned the corner, I saw caution tape around my locker and people around it. Slowly, I took my earbuds off, noticing the eyes around me.

" What's going on? Is there a problem?"

" Miss. Cullen, it seems someone broke into the school and tore open your locker." The principal said, making me look to see the door on its hinges and my books all over the ground.