cravinq-rain

CRAVINQ-RAIN

<>Is there a specific book you'd like to talk about?

Yes, if we could, I've like to talk about my story Dark Crown.

<>What is the genre?

It's a Historical Fiction and that's all for now, but I don't know if I want to take it into Fantasy or into Adventure.

<>Could you give a short summary?

Yea, sure! Well, Dark Crown is kind of hard to summarize, since it honestly goes sort of all over the place. But, it goes something like this:

It only takes two words to break Skylet's world: "I'm sorry."

With that, she's been stabbed, and a chain of unrest that she, and the country she's meant to inherit, has yet to know about. But it starts to manifest itself in surprising ways - massacres, escapes, secret identities, and dangerous, dangerous pasts.

When she meets Talon and Elliot, men from two opposite sides of the spectrum - one's a tavern boy, and the other's a prince - the story grows ever more complicated. And suddenly it's not just about keeping her throne. It's about keeping her life.

<>What made you want to write historical fiction?

Specifically, I was inspired by Cinda Chima Williams - she wrote the Seven Realms series, and it's absolutely fantastic. It's actually more of a high fantasy story, but it has the typical palace, royalty, that kind of thing. And I really wanted to be able to create that kind of world.

<>Why do you think people should choose your story to read?

Well, this isn't really a vote of confidence, but I don't really know. I don't want to say it's great or something, since different people have different tastes.

But I will say that it's different from the teen fictions and the fanfictions or the werewolves that you usually see on the What's Hot lists. It's a story about sacrifice and war and deeper things, and well, since it's a personal favorite of mine, there's a lot of romance and shipping moments in there as well. :D

<>What is the meaning behind your title 'Dark Crown'? How did you come up with it?

I've always been into minimalistic things, and I didn't want an extra long title. I wanted something simple to represent (hopefully) what my story would be and become.

And the meaning, well, I couldn't tell. That would give away too much. *winks* But yes, it might have something to do with a corrupt government.

<>What has been the hardest thing about writing this story?

Getting into the vibe when I write, since it's sort of different to write something set into a different period, and I have to sort of, I don't know, really get myself into it, or else I might accidentally use too many modern words or phrases or just too much modern in general with it.

<>What has been the easiest part of writing it?

Just thinking of plots and creating characters. That's just really fun to me. :D (Plot twists are also extremely awesome.)

<>What are some tips you have to get through writer's block?

Just keep writing. I know that seems kind of contradictory, but pushing through that block is also really important. Once you start writing, the ideas will eventually start flowing.

But despite that, if it absolutely does not work, don't force yourself. Just take a break, read a good book, relax. Do whatever the heck you want with your life, because remember, while you're also an author, you also deserve to live your own life.

But once you feel that you're starting to dread writing, get your fingers back on that keyboard and open up that Word Document. Dread is a sign that you've been gone too long.

<>What is some advice you have for other undiscovered authors on Wattpad?

This is probably not very helpful, since you've probably heard from a lot of other places too. But:

- update often (maybe not daily, but try weekly or every two weeks or something like that)

- talk to people on the forums (getting to know people is a great way to get your story out there, but don't be blunt about it, actually make friends.)

- join book clubs (those can make your reads and comments go up, and if they like your story, they'll add to your votes as well, and this can really help you get found)

- over all, have fun! Sure, getting discovered and having a ton of reads and votes and followers on Wattpad can be pretty exciting. But remember to have fun writing as well, and don't let it turn into some social obligation.

<>Why did you decide to start writing?

I don't remember. I remember wanting to change the world, and at that time, I had really discovered that writing was fun, and I thought that, "This is the way I can change the world."

Obviously, that's really cheesy, and I don't harbor the same notions now, but I just write because it's fun and I love it, and that's pretty much it.

<>Is there a genre/subject that you would never write about? If so, why not?

Probably Paranormal, Fanfiction, or anything horror-related. I'm not really good at any of those things, since I can't handle scary things, so I probably wouldn't be able to write scary things. :D

Paranormal just because I never really got into the werewolf/vampire/ghosts thing.

And fanfiction because there's nothing really that I feel the need to write a story about that stems from real life or a story. I'm satisfied just reading other people's fanfictions.

<>What is something you would like your readers to know?

That I really appreciate them, because they've given me a lot of support by reading and commenting and voting, and that's very important to any creative type.

And also, that if any character dies, I didn't do it. Not willingly. It just...happens.