Fate is a Funny Thing 6

Start from the beginning

I was still walking when I was passing by the central park. I started moving backwards and stopped in front of the gate. I was staring at the huge silver gate in front of me. Even after so many years and me growing tall, the gate still looks so damn huge!

I opened the gates and went inside the park. The park was very peaceful at the moment. No families or kids running around screaming in here. The swings were even free.

I went and sat on one of the swings and I was just swinging by myself for a while just thinking of everything. How my life had changed since the day mom left. How dad changed. How our relationship changed. Pretty much how everything changed. Even me.

Mom left when I was 11 years old, means that she has been gone for 5 years. I tend to think of her disappearing or vanishing from the earth, rather than her leaving me. It eases out the pain, the pain of a mother leaving their child. At times I would think that maybe God needed her to look after other things and hence she had to 'disappear'. Maybe she flew out of the window like Wendy, John and Michael did when Peter Pan came and made Tinker Bell throw dust over them so that they could see his home Neverland.

I have a wild imagination, but that's a good thing.

Soon I was tired of swinging so I decided to walk around the park. I saw people were here but most of them were couples. It was cute seeing them sitting underneath a tree or lying on the grass and looking at the stars.

It reminded of me, Jacob and Jayda sitting under a tree when we were younger, and taking that tree as out tree. It was our hang out spot.

Usually after school we would go to that spot and just sit there and talk and crack up jokes. Jacob was the one always making funny faces at me and Jayda.

I remember once we were just sitting there talking when suddenly these group of boys came and started making fun of Jacob because he was talking with girls. That was really immature if you ask me but Jacob handled it pretty well. He told them that they would be hanging out with girls and liking them and kissing them in a few years so he decided to do it before them because he was more mature. Me and Jayda were just staring at him dumb founded, like what the hell is he doing? Doesn't he want boys as his friends or something? But actually in the end of all that, boys would look up to him as if he knew everything and he was the coolest guy on the block. It was weird for me and Jayda because wherever we would go, the boys would be like

"Look! There goes Darelyn and Jayda! The girls Jacob hangs out with!"

But soon everyone moved on and forgot about Jacob being the cool person he was and stopped talking about us. It was good. We were like, 'peace at last!'

But even though everyone moved on and forgot about us, we didn't forget about them. We would usually start talking about the boys or girls of that time and we would start cracking up jokes about them.

We still had a strong friendship after many years, mainly because we were not ready to ever let go off each other. We weren't even ready to go to different high schools.

Oh yah did I ever tell you guys I am a junior at the moment, so the junior prom date's going to be coming soon.

I and Jayda had many plans like when we would buy our prom dresses and who would be our dates. We had a list of boys from our school in our year and the senior year for who would be a suitable boy for a date. We already had mine fixed but we were just going through the list for Jayda.

It was January 13th, exactly 2 months after my 16th birthday, the day me and Jayda were going to have a sleepover to finalize the boy who would go on a date with her, the day my slightly happy life came crashing down.