Part 3-Chapter 47

Start from the beginning

Ron mutters loud enough for us all to hear, "A year and a half isn't long enough." We all roll our eyes at him, knowing he is joking like old times.

A sad smile forms on my face, "I apologize for being gone for so long, but much has happened. I couldn't leave until I knew I absolutely needed to come back and could leave my life in New Orleans."

No one looks mad at my delayed absence, and Harry reassuringly says, "We all understand, don't worry. What all happened? I mean we received your letters but it's not the same."

I have to let out a quick laugh, finding it crazy how much occurred in my life since I returned home. "It would take hours for me to tell you everything." I pause for a moment before continuing, "It was awkward, chaotic...I think my siblings and I have mended things for the most part."

"That's good considering it was very tense with the five of you at the social event," Hermione says, thinking back to how on edge I was the night my family surprised me all. I flinch when she says this, almost forgetting about my deceased siblings for a minute in the midst of the love between my friends. 

Fred notices this and reaches out to place a hand on my shoulder, "Everything alright?"

I look at his hand and then his worrisome eyes. Gathering myself, I tell them all about the lost I've experienced this past year, "When my mother tried to kill us all by linking us, there were some people who got to our oldest brother, Finn, before we could stop them."

I shed a tear and wipe it quickly, "I can't believe I miss that prick since he decided to play the sacrificial lamb in Mother's plan."

"Are you saying he wanted to die?" I look to Harry, who seems baffled at the thought. 

My heads nods, "He hated being a vampire more than the rest of us. I guess he got his wish." I darkly chuckle at the last part, realizing that he is probably happier on the other side than forced to feed on humans.

Ron looks down at this, clear that he feels for my family at the loss. I guess Ron has matured since the last time we talked. "I bet your siblings took that hard."

"Yes but not as hard as..." I sniffle, struggling to speak his name. As time passes, it still doesn't get easier to admit that I lost my twin. "Not as hard as Kol."

Hermione lets out a gasp at this, "Oh Alexia..." She grabs me in a hug, knowing how close I grew to him after I sent her a few letters explaining that we were finally as close as we were when human. 

I pull back, calming myself down to continue on, "He was killed just last week."

Fred and George glance at each other as George speaks, "I couldn't imagine losing my twin..."

My eyes travel to the twins, seeing them share an intense look with each other. I almost smile at how close they are but this moment wasn't one to be happy about. Loss can happen at any moment, especially when you're least expecting it. 

"I hope you never have to experience it..."

Ginny whispers, "You've been through so much."

I look at the young redhead who seems older beyond her age, "That I have but with loss came some good."

"Like what?" Harry asks, wondering what could possibly balance out the loss of two of my brothers. 

"After Finn's death and after Mother died thankfully, we all decided to move away together. It opened my eyes to my other siblings and from then on, things changed for the better."

Ron comments on this, making me realize how much has changed even more so, "Even that monster hybrid brother of yours?"

How funny it is that I went from hating my brother with ever fiber of my body and now, I consider him family and someone I want to protect. "Funny enough, yes. For the first few months it was awful between us but then the impossible happened. Niklaus found out he was having a child and showed us his humanity that was lost for a thousand years."