There was once a young King, who showed great promise for the humans even in his teens who showed great wisdom and was just to all. His people loved him for he took his duties seriously and invested greatly in his land and people when the time of his marriage came, many came to offer their daughter hand in marriage.

However the King refused each and every offer and took over the crown alone. For many years he remained alone and his people grew worried, as the King they once knew was becoming bitter, his moods ever changing.

It was one day when the King went hunting that he came across a scared and injured young woman, she was bleeding severely and was on the verge on unconsciousness. The King immediately called for the Royal Doctor and she was placed into his care.

A month later, the young women had fully recovered form her injuries and was able to inform the king of everything that had happened to her. She told him of how, by some amazing stroke of luck she had managed to escape a great and powerful warlock who had wished to forcibly marry her. She had been imprisoned for a little over a week and was purposely given less food and water so she would weaken.

On the day of her escape, the warlock had urgent business to attend, in this urgency he had left the door the woman was usually locked in, unlocked. She saw this opportunity and fled, what she had not accounted for was the many enchantments that the warlock had cast that would hinder the women’s way as she left. It was here she was hurt and her injuries only worsened when the warlock had discovered she had left, or he had followed her throwing hex upon hex in her direction.

It was only on sheer will power that she had managed to reach as far as the Kings hunting grounds which, the warlock could not enter for he knew to trespass was to earn a certain, painful death. Angered that she was now under the Kings protection the warlock left and bide his time.

As the women made her way on the journey of recovery, she also captured the Kings heart and the young couple soon found themselves inseparable. After a short and beautiful courtship, the King asked the young women for her hand in marriage, she accepted and the King threw lavish banquets for a week for all his people in celebration.

Years passed and the happy couple were overjoyed with the arrival of a baby boy and a few years later twin girls, the kingdom was prosperous and both the monarch and their people were living in peace. Nobody had given a once of thought to the warlock they had angered.

It was only on the celebration of the young princesses second birthday that the warlock made his appearance in the middle of the celebration just as the young princesses were about to bite into the cake, the warlock cursed it. Only when the princesses had eaten the cake had the warlock made his presence known.

“Woe, to the foolish monarch! Woe to the selfish Queen! I have cursed your children for your actions and neither will surpass the age of sixteen!” He called as the King, quickly regaining from his horror, ordered the guards to capture him, the warlock was detained and the children assessed by the Royal Doctor.

They were in perfect physical shape, however everyone was all too aware of how the curse would only affect them at the age of 16 and no sooner. The King and Queen were distraught and were frantically looking for a manner in which the curse could be weakened, if not outright destroyed. There searched led them to the highest mountains, the most deadliest cliff faces every nook and cranny of Earth was searched high and low for some sort of cure.