Keep Me Company, Too (Kurosaki Ranmaru x Reader)

Kurosaki Ranmaru x Reader
"Keep Me Company, Too"

Meeting that grey haired tsundere the way you did must've been one of the strangest ways possible.

You were coming back from your volunteering - helping a teacher out at one of the local music academies - and you decided to take a shortcut home.

Since typically nobody went through there, you expected it to be as quiet and vacant as it always was.

Which is why you never expected to find a stranger playing around with a cat.

"Nyann~" meowed the calico as it swiped at the catnip the shady male dangled in front of him.

The male was wearing a black scarf around his face along with a hat - probably to hide his identity, you reasoned - accompanied with a black thick winter coat also.

You eyed the male cautiously. Why was he dressed up like that if it was warm out? And why was he playing around with a cat?

Well, whatever the reason was, you knew you couldn't just leave him alone.

...Not without getting a laugh out of it that is.

"Hey~ Are you having fun over there old man?"

Obviously startled, the male before you lurched backwards and successfully managed to fall flat on his face. At first, you tried to stifle back your laughs but to no avail. God, was his reaction priceless!

"Haha- Are you okay...oh God no, that was too funny...!" You tried your absolute best to contain your laughing but you just couldn't. Stranger or not, this absolutely made your stressful day.

While you were too occupied, laughing your butt off, the grey haired male hauled himself upright, glowering murderously.

His look was probably suppose to make you feel intimidated but it didn't seem to work because you only guffawed even more.

"Aww, don't be mad, mister. If you keep glaring like that you'll get wrinkles~" you teased as he hoisted himself back up to his feet. His face was now apparent to you because his scarf had managed to fall off along with the impact.

But what attracted your attention was his heterochromatic eyes. One was a beautiful purple while his other was grey, which matched the color of his hair.

"Tch." He clicks his tongue, rolling his eyes. "You're not suppose to talk to strangers little girl."

You flinch at his words. Little...girl...? Glaring, you looked up at the male. Okay, sure you were a questionable size for your age, ___ cm at (Age), but someone calling you a "little girl" just went and crossed the line.

"First off, I'm not some "little girl." I'm able to take care of myself, thank you very much," you snapped, putting emphasis on the word as you folded you arms. "And secondly, if you were some bad old stranger, why were you playing around with a cat?"

Immediately, a light pink dusted the males cheeks. "I-I was not playing around with a cat!" he stammered harshly. "It's abandoned so I was just looking it over for it's collar!"

You rose an eyebrow in amusement. "By using a catnip?"

Startled, the male stepped back. Deciding not to let it end there, he held out a fist. "Shut up! What does it matter to you?"

You shrugged nonchalantly. "Nothing, actually. After seeing an old man wearing some extremely shady clothing playing with an abandoned cat in some alleyway, just couldn't help but make me want to talk to you."