Chapter 3

My plan moving forward was to also find myself new friends, or maybe even a group of them! I realise I don't need him anymore just as he realised he didn't need me. From now on we will just be next door neighbours and nothing more than that, not friends or anything else. Just neighbours and I plan to stick to this.

Next step: going to school and finding myself some friends, this is going to be hard.
Waking up the next morning was not easy, the feeling of dread stuck in my stomach stuck strong and only seemed to get worse as it drew closer to my time to leave the house, I was not excited or happy to go to school. On my way to school I couldn't help but think that going and making all of these new friends is a good idea in theory, but it won't be that easy will it? I can't exactly go up to a group of strangers and declare that they're now my friends, that's not how it works sadly. I need a plan and a plan fast as school was fast approaching.

What would I do? Who would I try and befriend? What if they just laugh at me? These are all of the things circling around my head making me more worried to even try, I'm terrified of rejection and that is one of the major reasons I never tried to make other friends, that I was content with it just being me and Hunter, but it's all changed now...

My plan of action I think will be to just be myself, except more cheerful, and more interesting, maybe try and make myself look nicer. So basically nothing like my current self. I let out a deep sigh realising that this was probably a really bad idea. I don't think I will make any progress friend wise so maybe it's just a better idea to give up now and not make a fool of myself, give up now before I can make myself look any stupider.

Right I need to stop this, I need to keep a positive perspective on it all and look at the bigger picture! New friends, just gotta think of making new friends.

I walked up to the mirror before leaving for school to give myself one last little look in the mirror before sighing and walking out the door, making my way to school going over the plan in my head a thousand times just to make sure that it sticks and I don't fuck it up.

Arriving at the gates of school I close my eyes, take in a deep breath and plaster a smile onto my face to seem more friendly and approachable. Everyone here has probably forgotten about me seeing as though they never really new me anyways so going into my final year of secondary school (year 11) seems rather easy, I can act like a new person and no one will know the old me.

Time to go make some friends.