Chapter 7

The day seemed to drag, first period was the only period where I was in the same class as Hunter today. The day just kept stretching on and on I never thought that it would end, until I heard the final bell. I shot up, grabbed my things and made a break for the door.

Just after I quickly left the isolated classroom I went stumbling down the stairs, shit.

Why didn't I be more careful and watch where I was going? I just kept thinking how clumsy I could be sometimes. I thought that this would be the end of me, that I would die falling down these stairs or be paralysed forever. I couldn't decide which was worse.

As I knew that I was nearing the end of my fall, which seemed to last forever, I scrunched my face up bracing myself for the impact. But the impact never came, instead all of a sudden I felt these warm, large hands catch me swiftly and gently. Who was my knight in shining armour? As I dared to open my eyes to see who had caught me and saved me I was lost for words. It was Hunter, the tall and muscular boy and made my heart thump in my chest, sending me crazy. Why him of all people? Why is it always him saving me? Making my heart race?

"T-t-thank y-you" I managed to stutter out after several attempts.

"It's not a problem, Hazel" he said as he smirked, showing his canines.

Him just saying my name made my stomach turn and coil up, melting my heart in the process.

We just stared intently into each others eyes for several minutes, but it felt like hours. Those dark forest green eyes that just seemed to pull you in, making you want to look in deeper and discover all of their deepest secrets and emotions. I just kept thinking how I never wanted this to end but I knew it had too, so in turn I start fidgeting and he puts me down as gently and as soft as he can, like I was some precious flower that could be easily broken by the slightest of harsh touches.

For the moment we would just stand there awkwardly, both smiling at each other from ear to ear unsure of what to do.

I wanted to kiss him....