Straser (Oneshot 2)

It was the start of Zach's senior year. He wasn't necessarily popular, at all. He was constantly picked on by Mitch's (Straub, not Mr. Mitch) gang of popular kids. Thank God he only had to deal with them for another year, hopefully he could get enough credits to graduate even sooner.

"Hey nerd!" Mitch yelled, pinning Zach against the lockers,"Ready for your daily beating?"

~

There was something different about Zach, to Mitch. Seeing him on the ground, beaten, made him feel something strange well up in his chest. Guilt. 'Why the hell do I feel guilty, never felt like this any other time I taught him a lessen.' Mitch groaned in frustration, kicking the locker next to Zach's head (giving him quite a scare), "Fuck it, I better get to class." he murmured, storming away.

Zach awkwardly walked into class twenty minutes late, his head down  and hands shoved into the pocket of the hoodie he was wearing. Mitch couldn't help but stare at the beautiful mess of curly brown hair, highlighted but the sun coming down from the window.

He mentally scolded himself for thinking these things, he was Zach's bully, not his lover. Plus, pretty much all of his chances with the Canadian were gone after the shit he'd done. But hey, he could still dream.

~

This went on for days. Mitch beating up (lighter than usual though) Zach, then feeling guilty, and then staring at him for the rest of the day, trying to remember ever delicate and broken feature on his face.

But something disrupted this cycle. Mitch looked over to see Zach talking to this other kid named Liam. But Liam wasn't just talking, he was flirting. This angered Mitch to the max. He angrily raced over to him, shoving him to the side so that he was in his previous place. Mitch stared Liam right in the eye, threateningly whispering, "If I ever see you flirting with Zach ever again..."

Mitch waited until Liam was gone. He then looked Zach (who was still behind him) in the eyes and kissed him. It only took seconds for Zach to start kissing back. They stayed like that for what felt like a century.

Pulling away, Mitch whispered "Don't talk." Simpily walking away after that.

Zach was blushing, his face tomato red. He shoved his hands back into his pockets. He felt something in it and pulled it out. It was a paper scrap, with Mitch's number scribbled onto it.

"Maybe this year wont be too bad?"