20: Hanging out at the House

Start from the beginning

I lean into Alex and he puts his arm around me, as if to shield me from David's crazy idea.

"Kota, can Alex shoot a can off the top of your head with the paintball gun?" David asks.

Jason pumps his fist when David asks Alex and I to do the stupid stunt instead of him, and I giggle a little.

"Nope, not happening," Alex answers before me, squeezing me tighter into me. David puts the camera all up in our faces.

"Come on, please? For $50?" David compromises.

"No, David. You always do this shit, and I k ow it's not going to be just shooting the can, there's going to be like some sort of fucking twist," Alex defensively says.

"I'm going to end up getting shot in the face somehow," I peep up.

"How about $100?" David asks.

Alex looks down at me, his eyebrows raised, and squeezes the shoulder his hand is on. I can tell he really wants the money, so I sigh and cross my arms.

"Fucking fine, but if I get hurt I have the video evidence to sue you," I point at David.

David laughs at this, and we go outside to film this stunt. David makes me sit down on the ground, facing the side with a soda cannon my head. He then takes Alex and takes him about 20 feet away from me and everyone comes outside with us to film the stunt.

"Okay so what's going to happen is Scotty is going to spin Alex for thirty seconds, and as soon as I'm done spinning him he's going to try and aim and shoot the can off of the tops of Dakotas head," David explains to the camera.

"Are you ready, Alex?" David and Scotty gets ready to spin Alex.

"I fucking guess," Alex shrugs and tightens his grip on the paintball gun. I shield my eyes and crouch down into a ball as I wait for the boys to spin Alex.

I hear as everyone counts down from 30, going a little too slow for my liking.

"30.....25.....20.....15....10..." everyone yells, the anticipation growing with every number.

"9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" Everyone exclaims and I start to shake as I hear the footsteps of the spinning stop, and the click of the gun sound.

"Fuck, Alex!" I screech as I remove my hands from my head and to the side of my neck where he hit me.

I get up off the ground, still holding my neck, as he rushes over to comfort me. He wraps my whole body in his arms, putting his chin on top of my head and squeezing me tight.

"I'm sorry, Kota. I really thought I could do that without hurting you," he whispers, kissing the top of my head.

"Well, you didn't," I grumble, causing him to squeeze me tighter if that is even possible.

"I'm sorry," he mutters to me over and over for the next few minutes until David comes over to us with a washcloth to wash the paint off.

Alex releases me, and everyone gathers around to film as David hands the washcloth to Alex and he starts wiping the paint away.

I head everyone gasp when he finishes and gives the washcloth back to David.

"Holy shit," I hear Toddy say, and I start to panic.

"What? Is it really that bad?" I say, and reach my fingers up to my neck to feel it. I gasp myself as I feel a little paintball shaped hole in my neck and the way it stings when I touch it.

I get rushed to the kitchen as someone rummages through the bathroom for a first aid kit, and comes quickly back with it. They all urge me to sit on top of the kitchen table so that they could get a better look at it when they cleaned it and for better footage, of course.

Alex is there right by my side as the first aid kit is found and handed to him. He disinfects it, puts some Neosporin on it, and then a bandaid.

"Im so sorry," Alex mumbles to me as his fingers run over the bandaid.

I roll my eyes at him and wrap my arms under his arms, giving him a forgiving hug as I sit on top of the table.

"No more crazy dares where you shoot stuff off of me again, okay?" I ask, sternly pointing at Alex.

"Okay, I promise," Alex laughs, and picks me up off the table and sets me down.

Alex and I go over to the couch where Liza, Corinna, Toddy, Kristen, and Scotty are all sitting while David does another crazy thing outside with everyone else. Alex sits down first, and I sit on his lap. He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into him, and rests his chin on my shoulder.

I lean into him, and rest my head on the side of his head, relaxing a little. Sure, it was a ton of fun being with the vlog squad and doing crazy things for content, but it was very energy-straining and tiring.

"I'm really tired, do you want to go home?" Alex mumbles into my shoulder.

"Yeah, sure," I reply, and we both get off of the couch and go outside to tell David and Dom where we're going so that they don't worry.

"Hey, Dom," We day, as we catch him first.

"Alex and I are going to head home now, tell David if you get the chance," I inform him.

"Oh to fuck while we're not in the house, right?" Dom says.

"No, were just tired. We're not leaving to go fuck," I tell him, and he shakes his head, still not believing me.

I roll my eyes at him and grab Alex's hand, leading him to the door.

Once we are in the car and shut the doors, I immediately feel relieved. I guess my social battery ran out while I was in there, and that was what was making me so tired and grumpy.

I lean my head on the back of the car seat and close my eyes, listening to the music on the radio. I feel Alex's hand move over the console and rest on my thigh, and I open my eyes to look at him and smile. I adore the way he's so clingy that he has to be touching some part of me at all times, even when he's driving.

Alex is such a softie, and I love that about him. He's so romantic and clingy and it's something that makes me even more attracted to him each time he does something to show it.

I rest my hand on top of his, and smile as we continue to drive home in a happy silence.