chapter 23

*Rose*

I hung up the phone after speaking to my mother about allowing my little brother living with me since he didn't know how to stay out of trouble, I grabbed Milo's and walked to my truck and opened the door so he could get in, I grabbed my phone  wallet so I could get food there and back for me, Milo and Tate...I put the key in the ignition when my phone started ringing, it was from a number I didn't recognize so I didn't bother answering and crunk up the truck and begun driving towards my mother's house to get Tate and bring him back to my house. After I got there and I parked the truck and started walking towards the door when I heard my mom and someone guy yelling at each other.

Mom: she should be here any minute now so I don't want to hear it Tate you are going whether you want to or not.

I knocked on the door and seen my mother standing there after the door swung open very quickly...I walked inside after she moved out of the way.

Rose: I hate to rush mom but I've got a long drive back...does he have all his things packed and ready to go?

Mom: yes and thank you for coming and picking him up, I just can't allow him to stay here anymore because he keeps getting in trouble and sneaking out late at night....

Rose: okay well where is Tate at?

Mom: Tate, come downstairs please and bring your things with you cause your sister is ready to go!

I watched as he walked downstairs with a travel bag behind him and a duffle bag on his shoulder...

Tate: I can't believe you are seriously sending away...I hope you are happy.

I watched as he walked outside and waited for me...

Mom: he can be a handful sometimes Rose I hope you can handle him sweety.

Rose: he will be just fine, I'm sure I can find something he likes...

Mom: okay well be safe heading home...

Rose: I will...good night mom

Mom: good night Rose...

I walked outside and unlocked the door then watched as he pushed his bags in the back seat before getting inside the truck and shutting the door.

Rose: so Tate...how are you feeling about the road trip?

Tate: cut the small talk and lets get out of here, I'm sick of this place...

Rose: okay than...

I had finally made it into the city after driving for two hours, I pulled up to a rest stop and let Milo out to do what he needed to do before I begun driving on the interstate...