chapter 18

*Rose*

Three weeks passed since I last seen or spoken with Wyatt that day in the hospital, I was sent home early cause my leg was healing nicely but I had to use crutches to get around with and my ribs had completely healed, days like this is when I had a friend to help me do things...I had spoken to Bridgit about the text she sent me and we agreed to continue being friends and Alice stayed busy with her job that I didn't want to bother her, I was sitting on the side of my bed wishing I had someone to talk to but the only person I wished was here had forgotten about me...I stood up and walked downstairs slowly with Milo close behind me, I grabbed his leash and my car keys after deciding to go on a road trip to visit my mother, I knew it was a long shot but I needed advice. I hooked Milo up to his leash and walked out to my car, I opened the back door and placed him inside and watched him jump inside and I shut the door before I walked to the other side and got inside next to him then put the crutches in the back seat, started the car and began the long trip to Wyoming. My mother had remarried and moved there after she divorced my father who was a bad drunk and would constantly beat her.  I remember the long nights of me staying awake while I listened to them yelling and fighting each other, I turned the radio on and a song played that reminded me and the good times me and Wyatt had together before everything went downhill...I suddenly thought about that sweet old lady in Paris and what she said to Wyatt...

....don't let her go...

I pulled up to a red light and felt a tear rolling down my cheek which was quickly wiped away by Milo licking my face as if he was saying that it was going to be okay...

Rose: thank you Milo...I feel like you are the only one that really gets me.

I pulled up to a restaurant that served ice cream and got a vanilla ice cream for Milo and me a iced coffee before getting back on the highway and towards my destination...