Chapter 8

Chapter 8~

"Ouch!" I shrieked, as Beth pulled my hair a little too hard.

"Oh sorry," Beth says in an unapologetic tone, as she starts to braid my side bangs.

"You sure don't seem very sorry," I mumbled bitterly under my breath, as I feel the side of my cheek get burned by something.

"ELISABETH!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, as I jumped out of my seat, and shot her a death glare. My eyes wandered over to the curling iron in her hand. "Really?"

"Woah, chill!" She said as she backed away, putting both hands in the air. "It was really an accident this time!"

It's a Saturday, and we're having a girls' night over at Beth's place. For the past hour or so, she's been putting my hair in weird hairstyles that she invented, claiming that she "just wants to try them out on someone"...

I rolled my eyes, annoyed, as I cupped a hand around where the iron had burned me. "Yeah, as if."

"Come on, have a seat!" Beth eagerly motioned to the chair. "I still haven't tried out the pigtails yet!"

This earned her a penetrating look from me. I was about to state my comeback to her ridiculous childness, but the vibration in my butt cut me off.

I sighed, as I reached into my back jean pocket to grab my phone. I notice Beth staring at me with anticipation written all over her face, clearly wanting to know who the caller is.

I ignored her. "Hello?"

"Jessica!" My manager Sarah cried excitedly on the other end.

Strange, it was quite rare for her to call me... And I don't remember having a photo shoot this afternoon...

"Yeah?"

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my GOSH!" Chanted the middle aged brunette excitedly. "I don't know how I should tell you this... But... Oh my gosh..."

I rolled my eyes. "Will you stop 'oh-my-gosh' ing me, and just get to the point?"

"Yes, yes I will... " I can hear her rushed breathing on the phone. "Oh my gosh, so... You know..." I twitched at her mention of 'Oh my gosh' again, but I tried my best to pretend I never noticed.

"Yes?" I asked, starting to lose patience with her. This is the thing with Sarah, whenever she gets nervous, she takes absolutely forever to get to the point...

"Oh my gosh... Jessica, seriously oh my gosh! I can't believe it... Like oh my gosh..." Her breathing paced, and she spoke in a rushed tone. "I seriously can't believe it, can you?"

"Umm... You haven't told me yet?" I replied in an obvious tone.

"Oh, that's right... Okay, so you know Max Crystal is coming back to town?"

I nodded, even though it was obvious she couldn't see me, and waited for her to go on.

"The reason is because he's going to be filming a new movie. And he wants to do it in his hometown."

"What's that got to do with me?" I asked, as I begin to twirl a strand of blonde hair around my pointer finger.

"That's the thing... Oh my gosh, how should I say this... Oh my gosh..."

"Get to the point." I stated sternly, not wanting to waste anymore time.

"Well, he called me today!"

I froze, and dropped my hand down, no longer playing with my hair. "And then?"

"He wants to see you... He wants you in his new romance movie!"