Chapter 14

Chapter 14~

"Caroline, go out with me."

I stood there, dumbfounded, as I stared at him with eyes the size of the brunette's boobs. What the hell was he saying?

"You... Want to go out with me?" I asked, almost choking on my own words. He nodded, and stared at me pleadingly. I cleared my throat in response, before continuing. "As in you want to date me?"

"Goddamnit, Caroline! I said yes! I don't have patience for ugly girls like you. You should be dying that I'm even going shopping with you!" He hissed, as he rolled his eyes, slamming a fist against the locker. Looking frustrated, he glared at me.

Oh there you go. He finally let his true colors shine at last...

"Shopping?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah, please go out with me to shop for your cousin." He looked annoyed. "You know what she likes, don't you? I need something for apology."

So that's what it was. For a second there, I thought he was asking me out... I face palmed at the thought, before turning to him.

"No."

"Okay that's great! So le- Wait what?!" It took him long enough for realization to hit. I'm guessing he never expected even a minimal chance of being rejected?

"I'm not going with you," I hissed underneath my breath. "You're a complete and utter dick. I don't like you one bit."

His face turned into a scowl at my reply, but he quickly loosened it up. Then, after taking a few deep breaths, he feigned a smile. It wasn't hard to tell that it was taking him quite the effort.

"Please," he added, like it made the biggest difference ever.

"No."

"B-but I said please!"

"No means no. Get out of my way!"

"But why?"

"Because I don't like you!" How stupid is he? Isn't that reason obvious enough?

He gritted his teeth like a little kid. "Fine!" He threw his hands up in the air, fuming with rage and annoyance at my persistence. "You're so annoying!"

And with that, he stormed off to God knows where... I shrugged, and headed on to my class, prepared to be late.

**

"He what?!" Elisabeth exclaimed, as she plopped down in the seat beside me."He asked you out?!"

I put a finger to my lips. "Shhhhhhh! You're too loud! Look, everyone's staring!" I motioned to the various students nearby who were casting curious glances over at us. She got the idea almost instantly, and lowered her volume slightly.

"So... The dick asked you out?" I rolled my eyes at that question.

"I've been explaining to you... He asked me to go shopping for Jessica Raymond." I emphasized the name of my 'cousin' so much that it sounded sarcastic.

"He asked you out on a date," Beth gave a slow nod to show her understanding. I facepalmed. I opened my mouth and threw back my head, wanting to scream, but I held it in.

Instead, I acted as calm as possible. "No, honey," I gave her the look that parents always use when speaking to their one year old. "He did not. I just explained it."

"I know, I know!" She sounded annoyed. "I understand this perfectly."

"No you don't. That's why I'm correcting you."

"So basically he asked you out," she said once more for the thousandth time. I shot her a glare. "- to go shopping," I nodded for her to go on. "In order to buy a present for you!"

I growled in frustration, as I aggressively chomped my teeth down on the dry school hamburger. "No, for my cousin."

"So he likes you and feels bad for what he did last time! That's why he's trying to make up with you!" Her grin was was so wide, I feared it might tear her cheeks apart.

"No!" I hissed. "He just wants to fuck m- Jessica, because I mean, who doesn't? That's why he's so desperate. What a pig. I hate guys like him. Immature as hell, only going for looks." I rambled on and on about the million reasons that make him a failure as a human being.

"He doesn't even like me! He likes my body," I explained. "Unlike Jeremy. He was an amazing boyfriend. Always looking out for me. And even after we broke up, he's still responsible and caring." I laughed a little at our past memories. "And I remember when we banged for the first time... It was-" I immediately stopped talking mid sentence , as realization hit me. Why was I thinking of him?

When I turned to Beth, she had a worried expression on her face. "Je- Caroline..."

I gave a sheepish smile. "Yeah, I know... What's wrong with me? I got off topic and brought him up... My mind is just so jumbled up, you know. But of course, we're good friends. Jeremy, I mean... So what I'm feeling is just friendship. We've been together as friends for 10 years after all...."

I trailed off, as I realized her eyes weren't on me... But rather, focused on something behind me..."

"No, Caroline. That's not what I meant..." Her eyes popped open wide, as she pointed to above my head. "Behind you."

I twisted my body around in full speed and saw the devil himself. Shit, did he hear everything just now? Am I dead?

"So you're friends with Jeremy?"

**

I really appreciate your votes... It makes me really happy :3 BUT it feels so lonely without the comments :'( Please leave your opinion! I love comments!