"I'll meet you and Katherine at the bakery." 

"Sounds perfect."  

Katherine and I walked to the bakery we stopped at the dress maker to have our gowns made for the Noel Ball Katherine and I entered the shop we were greeted by Juliet she was a good friend of my mothers. 

"What can I do for you Lydia?" Juliet asked. 

"My daughter and I would like to pick out gowns for the Noel Ball." I said. 

"Come on back and I'll take you and your daughter's measurements." 

Katherine and I followed Juliet into the back of the shop and took our measurements Juliet showed Katherine and I different fabrics I chose satin for both gowns Katherine chose gold for the color of her gown I chose a dark red for the color of my gown. I went to pay Juliet to make the gowns she wouldn't accept the money Juliet hugged Katherine and I we left the dress maker Katherine and I walked to the bakery we walked inside the shop. While we were waiting for Damon, I bought myself and Katherine a slice of Dutch Apple Pie and I also bought a chocolate hazel nut cake to take home Katherine and I were sitting at a table eating our pie when I heard a familiar male voice I turned around and saw my ex-betrothed Cameron Nighspark I turned back around and hoped he didn't see me. 

"Lydia Covendew is that you." Cameron said. 

"Cameron Nighspark, I haven't seen you since I turned down your proposal of marriage." I replied. 

"Who's little girl?" 

"This is my daughter Katherine." 

"I always knew you would sell yourself." Cameron sneered. 

"I have never sold myself or slept around I adopted Katherine!!!!!!" I shouted. 

Cameron is a self-centered asshole he never forgave me when I turned down his proposal of marriage my father asked him to marry me. 

"Sadly, if you would have agreed to marry me your parents would still be alive." 

"What are you talking about?" 

"When you turned down my proposal of marriage, I wanted revenge and make you pay for turning me down so I went to King Lucas and told him that I overheard your parents saying that they weren't going to pay their taxes. King Lucas believed my lie and sent three of his men to your house." 

I was shocked that Cameron would go and do something like that I felt my blood boiling I turned around and seen Damon standing there I grabbed the cake box and grabbed Katherine's hand we left the bakery and walked out of the village as we were walking, I heard footsteps moving behind us. I stopped walking and pulled the knife out of my boot and turned around and spotted Damon walking with Cameron. 

"Damon what are you doing?" I asked. 

"I'm arresting Cameron for what he did." Damon said. 

"Lydia how can you love a Fae?"  

"What are you talking about?" 

"Your little boy toy or whatever he is to you is not a mortal he is a no-good Fae." Cameron said angrily. 

"Fae or not I love Damon he's sweet, kind, and caring something you never were I hope at your trial they sentence you to death because when they do, I will stand and watch you get hung for what you did to my parents!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

I stuck my knife back into my boot and kept walking Katherine stayed close to my side when we reached the carriage Damon opened the carriage door, I helped Katherine into the carriage I followed behind her and sat down I sat the cake box on my lap. Damon and Cameron climbed into the carriage I noticed Cameron was making Katherine nervous she pointed to the box on my lap. 

"Mommy can I have a slice?" 

"We can have a slice after dinner." 

When we arrived at the mansion, I helped Katherine out of the carriage we walked up the steps and walked inside the mansion Katherine and I walked upstairs and walked into mine and Damon's room I walked into the private dining room and sat the cake box on the dining room table. I left the dining room Victoria took mine and Katherine's cloaks I took Katherine to her room and put her down for a nap I left her room and walked into the sitting room and sat down on the couch Damon came into the room and joined me on the couch.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you that I was supposed to marry Cameron." I said. 

"I can see why you didn't marry him." Damon replied. 

"If I would have married Cameron my parents would still be alive, don't you see it's my fault my parents are dead." 

"Honey it's not your fault how were you to know he would get back at you because you refused to marry him." 

"Why didn't you tell me that you are a Fae?" I asked. 

"I was afraid of what you would think of me if I told you." Damon explained.

Katherine came into the sitting room she walked over to me I picked her up and sat her on my lap I kissed her cheek. 

"Mommy can you teach me to fight?" 

"Ask your father." 

"Daddy can mommy teach me to fight?" Katherine asked.

"Yes, your mother can teach you to fight." Damon said. 

"We start tomorrow at sunrise."

Damon, Katherine, and I left the sitting room and took her to our room we walked into the private dining room and sat down at the table after dinner I opened the cake box and cut into the chocolate hazelnut cake, I sat Katherine's plate in front of her I handed Damon his plate I sat down at the table with my plate. 

"It's okay if you don't like it." I said. 

Later on, that night I was tucking Katherine into bed I kissed her cheek and handed her, her doll Katherine looked at me and smiled I smiled back. 

"Mommy, I want to be brave like you and daddy." 

"Your father and I are only brave when we have to be." 

"I love you mommy." Katherine said. 

"I love you too, Katherine." I replied. 

I blew out the candle and left her room I walked up the hall to mine and Damon's room I walked into the room and closed the french doors behind me I climbed into bed with Damon he blew out the candle I snuggled up beside him we kissed each other good-night and fell asleep.