Chapter 8

I was in the bathing chamber giving Katherine a bath when I heard my bedroom door open and heard someone come into my room.

"Damon is that you." I called.

"Yes, it's only me. Where are you?" Damon asked.

"I'm in the bathing chamber giving Katherine a bath." 

Damon came into the bathing chamber Katherine looked at him and smiled he smiled back at her when I was finished giving Katherine a bath, I dried her off and helped her get dressed I left the bathing chamber I walked over to my dressing table and combed Katherine's hair and french braided her hair.

"How can I help you, Damon?" I asked.

"I came to ask you if I can take Katherine out for the day." Damon said with a smile. 

"Can I mommy?"

"I don't see why not."

I helped Katherine put on her heavy cloak I kissed her cheek and hugged her. 

"Be good for Damon." I said. 

"I will mommy I promise." Katherine replied with a smile.

Damon and Katherine left my room I put on my cloak and left my room I walked down the stairs and left the castle I walked to the stables I walked into the stables I led Nightmare out of his stall and saddled him up. I led Nightmare out of his stables I climbed up onto the saddle and rode Nightmare around the castle grounds and opened field I climbed down from the saddle and led Nightmare back into the stables. I was in the middle of giving Nightmare a bath when Damon and Katherine came into the stables, I put Nightmare back in his stall and gave him fresh water and feed Damon and Katherine walked over to me. 

"Did you too have a good time?" 

"We had a lot of fun." 

Damon, Katherine, and I left the stable we walked back inside the castle and walked upstairs to my room I walked into the bathing chamber to freshen up when I came out of the bathing chamber Katherine was sitting on the floor playing with dolls I sat beside Damon on the couch.

"I need to talk to you later." Damon whispered. 

"We can talk after Katherine is in bed." I said softly.

Damon, Katherine, and I walked downstairs to the private dining room we sat down at the long table and waited for King Lucas to join us for dinner I looked over at Damon he looked nervous about his father joining us for dinner Samantha the head maid came into the room.

"Prince Damon, your father sends his apologizes that he is unable to join you, Lady Elena and Lady Katherine for dinner."

"Thank you, Samantha, and please gather the rest of the maids and kitchen staff and have them join us for dinner." 

"Your Highness if your father sees us, we will all be in trouble." Samantha explained. 

"Samantha, I will deal with my father if he finds out at least I am kind to everyone here in the castle." Damon said. 

Samantha left the dining room and returned with the maids and kitchen staff they joined us for dinner later on that night after I tucked Katherine into my bed and she had fallen asleep I walked into my private dining room Damon was sitting at the table playing with a piece of cake I joined him at the table. 

"Damon is everything alright?" 

"Katherine asked me to be her father I don't know how to raise a child."

"I don't either I'm learning as I'm go along. What did you tell her when she asked?" I asked curiously. 

"I told her yes and then I confessed that I love you." Damon said blushing embarrassingly. 

I looked at Damon and smiled I reached over and held his hand he looked at me and smiled. 

"As a matter of fact, I love you too." 

"I knew you loved me."

Damon shared his cake with me it reminds me of the cakes from my favorite bakery from my village. 

"It's getting late so I'm going to bed your welcome to stay again if you'd like." I said. 

I left the dining room and climbed into bed I looked over at Katherine she was fast asleep I kissed her cheek I blew out the candle and fell asleep.