Chapter 28

Katherine and I were sitting in the dining room eating breakfast Damon came into the dining room and joined us at the table. 

"Katherine, your governess Feltise Amberbrace comes today." Damon said. 

"I don't want a governess I want my mommy to teach me." Katherine replied.

Katherine left the dining room Damon just shook his head when I was finished eating, I stayed seated at the table with him. 

"Damon that's not how you get back in Katherine's good graces you're going to have to win her over again like you did when I brought Katherine back to your father's castle." 

"Will I have to win your heart again?" 

"Yes, you will have to win my heart again." I replied. 

"How do I win over Katherine and win your heart again?" He asked. 

"You know everything about me and as for Katherine try doing something she likes or spend the day with her." 

I got up from the table and left the dining room I walked upstairs and walked into Katherine's room she was sitting on her bed I sat down beside her. 

"What's the matter?" I asked. 

"I'm still angry at my father for the way he treated you in front of me." Katherine explained. 

"I told your father that he has to win my heart plus he has to win you over again."

"I don't want a governess I want you to teach me." 

"I know sweetie but a governess can teach you more than what I can but I will still read to you at night and when your sister is born and she gets a little older I'll read to you both." I said. 

Victoria came into Katherine's room with an older woman following behind her the woman looked like she was in her fifties or sixties her hair was silver she could pass for someone's grandmother. 

"Lady Lydia this is governess Feltise Amberbrace." Victoria said gesturing to the older woman. 

"Welcome governess Feltise this is my four-year-old daughter Katherine." I replied.

"Prince Damon told me everything about Katherine we will get along just fine." 

Katherine left with her governess I cleaned up the room a little. 

"Lady Lydia is Prince Damon alright?" Victoria asked worried. 

"Victoria, I'm not sure to be honest." I said. 

"We have never seen Prince Damon treat you like that and he shouldn't have done it in front of Lady Katherine." 

"Your very kind to me Victoria."

"You're more than welcome Lady Lydia." She replied.

I left Katherine's room and found Damon in his study I walked into his study and closed the door behind me I sat down in one of the chairs facing the front of his desk.

"Damon what are you reading?" 

"I'm reading information about Katherine that my mother found in my father's office."

"What does it say about our daughter?" 

"Katherine is really from the Slums she comes from a family of dragon and wolf trainers Katherine's mother died from an illness and her father was your ex-betrothed." Damon explained.

"It doesn't change anything I still love Katherine as if she were my own." I replied. 

"I understand because Katherine has no family left."