Chapter 27

Katherine and I were eating breakfast in the main dining room Damon came into the dining room and joined us at the table.

"Katherine, the Sorord's have accepted your dinner invitation they will be here tonight for dinner."

"Thank you, daddy." 

"You're welcome, sweetie." Damon said.

After breakfast I walked Katherine outside to train Chossa she was flying again when Katherine was finished training Chossa she fed her dragon I couldn't believe how big Chossa was getting.

"Mommy, can you teach me how to hit a bull's eye on a target?" Katherine asked.

"I wish I could but your father won't let me use my weapons because I'm pregnant." I said. 

Katherine walked back to the mansion I walked towards the stables I walked inside the stables I walked over to Nightmare's stall and let him out of his stall I saddled Nightmare and put on his reins I led him out of the stables.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm taking Nightmare out for some exercise."

"I'm not letting you go." Damon said. 

"Stop treating me like I'm made of glass I'm only pregnant for crying out loud I'm not helpless and our daughter is fine so relaxing and stop hovering over me!!!" I said annoyed. 

I climbed onto Nightmare's saddle and rode him around the grounds I always felt free whenever I went for a horseback ride when I was finished letting Nightmare get his exercise I climbed down from the saddle. I led Nightmare back to the tables Nightmare and I walked inside the stables I removed his saddle and reins I bathed and groomed my horse I put fresh hay in his stall along with fresh water and feed Nightmare walked back into his stall I fed him an apple and pet him I left the stables. 

"Are you angry at me?" He asked.

"What do you think." I called over my shoulder.

"I'm only looking out for your wellbeing."

"Looking out for my wellbeing is one thing but treating me like I'm made of glass is another." 

"So, it's my fault." Damon shot back.

"You won't even let me touch my weapons or clean them Katherine asked me if I could teach her how to shoot a bulls eye with a bow and arrow, I had to tell her no because you won't let me because I'm pregnant. I'm starting to think that maybe if I knew you were going to treat me like this when I did pregnant, I never would have agreed to start a family with you." I explained. 

I walked back to the mansion and walked inside I took off my cloak and hung it up I walked upstairs to Katherine's room and walked into the room.

"Katherine, I don't care what your father says I'll teach you how to hit a bull's eye." 

Katherine followed me into mine and Damon's room I grabbed my bow and quiver of arrows I noticed Katherine had the sword that I gave her strapped to her we left mine and Damon's room and walked downstairs. Katherine and I put on our heavy cloaks and left the mansion we walked to the sparing ring Damon was waiting for us Katherine and I walked into the sparing ring I helped Katherine nock an arrow in the bow. 

"Use the bow as an extension of your arm and let the arrow hit the target." I instructed. 

Katherine let go of the bow and the arrow hit the bull's eye on the target she looked at me and smiled proudly. 

"Great job sweetheart you hit the bull's eye on your first try." 

Katherine soon got the hang of how to nock an arrow into the bow I was very proud of her, Katherine hit each bull's eye on the target Katherine and I followed Damon inside the mansion we removed our cloaks and hung them up we walked into the dining room for lunch. After lunch I put Katherine down for a nap in her room, I left Katherine's room and walked into the sitting room I sat down on the couch and read my book Damon came into the sitting room and sat down in the arm chair having I looked up from my book.