Chapter 14

When I woke up, I looked over at Damon he was still fast asleep I kissed his cheek and climbed out of bed I had breakfast in my private dining room when I was finished eating, I returned to bed and snuggled up next to Damon. When he woke up, I gazed at Damon and smiled he smiled back I felt my cheeks grow warm Damon brushed the back of his finger against my cheek causing me to blush more. 

"How are you feeling?" 

"A little sore and thank you, Lydia for saving my life." 

"You're more than welcome my love we're not out of the clear yet we have to clean up the mess your father made." I explained. 

"I will clean up the mess my father made but right now I have a beautiful woman beside me that I want to be with right now." Damon said with a smile in his voice. 

Damon leaned over and kissed me I brushed the back of my finger against his cheek we gazed into each other's eyes I looked at him and smiled.

"I think you should rest my love." 

"I don't want to rest I want to make love to you." 

Damon kissed me softly then the kiss started to get passionate and heated he removed my nightgown we spent the rest of the morning in bed under the covers later on that day Damon and I freshened up together in the bathing chamber we got dressed and cuddled on the couch together Queen Alexandria came into the room with Katherine she ran over to Damon. 

"Lydia thank you so much for saving my sons life." Queen Alexandria said sincerely. 

"You're more than welcome your Majesty and thank you for looking after Katherine." I replied.

"You're more than welcome." 

Queen Alexandria left the room Katherine was sitting on Damon's lap and he was reading to her I looked at them and smiled.

"Mommy can we have dinner with grandmom?" Katherine asked.

"We sure can sweetie." I said. 

Damon, Katherine, and I left our room and walked downstairs to the Royal Family's private dining room we sat down at the table and waited for Queen Alexandria when she came into the dining room and joined us at the table The Queen looked at Damon and I and smiled happily. 

"Mom after dinner may I speak with you in private?" 

"Yes of course." 

After dinner Katherine and I left the dining room we walked back upstairs to mine and Damon's room I sat down on the floor and played with Katherine she looked at me and smiled I smiled back Katherine was starting to get tired I got her ready for bed I took Katherine to her room and tucked her into bed. I left Katherine's room and walked into my dressing room I got ready for bed I put on a nightgown and silk robe I walked back into my room I opened the french doors and stepped out onto the balcony the wind was starting to pick up. I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist I leaned back against Damon's chest and looked up Damon leaned down and kissed me.

"Come back inside where it's warm." Damon said. 

Damon took me by the hand and led me back inside our room he closed the french doors and locked them I left our room and walked down to the library I opened the heavy wooden double doors and walked inside the library I sat down in one of the oversized arm chairs. Damon came into the library and joined me he sat down in the other oversized arm chair Damon held my hand. 

"This is my favorite place in the whole castle." 

"I can see why." 

"It's very cozy I spent a lot of time in here as a kid I slept in here once when I was little." Damon explained. 

"The library has a romantic feel to it like you could sit here with a lover by the fire and read together for hours." I said. 

I got up from the chair and walked down the row of books looking for a book to read I was searching for fantasy and adventure I grabbed a book off the shelf and sat down on the floor and started reading I looked over and noticed Damon sitting on the floor beside me.

"Lydia if I told you that I am giving up being a royal would you be angry?" 

"No, I wouldn't be angry I would ask you if you talked this over with the Queen and is this something that you want." 

"I have talked this over with my mother she wasn't angry and I thought about it long and hard before I told my mother anything my mother just wants me to be happy; I just want a normal life with you and Katherine." Damon explained. 

"I respect and support your choice." I said. 

I closed the book that I was reading and put it back on the shelf Damon wrapped his arms around my waist I leaned back against his chest I gazed up at him he leaned down and kissed me. 

"I always wanted to claim a girl in a library." 

I looked at Damon and blushed he took me by the hand and led me to the darkest part of the library.