Chapter 6

When I woke up Katherine and Damon were still sleeping, I quietly slipped out of bed and walked into my dressing room when I came out of the dressing room, I looked over at my bed Damon was starting to stir Katherine was still fast asleep. I walked into my private dining area Damon joined me at the table he looked at me and smiled I smiled back. 

"Why do you want to date me so bad?" I asked bluntly. 

"I want to date you because you are different from any girl that I have ever met you are independent and don't need a man to take care of you." Damon explained.

"Your family will never accept me." 

"My mother will my father not so much." 

Samantha brought Damon and I our breakfast she looked a little surprised to see Damon joining me I was playing with my bowl of oatmeal I could feel Damon's eyes on me I refused to look at him, Damon gently placed his hand on my arm I looked at him and met his gaze. 

"Is that why you won't date me because I'm a royal?" He asked. 

"I'm happy on my own because I know your only after a girl for her looks and there's more important things at hand than a relationship." I explained.

I got up from the table and left the dining room I walked over to my bed and checked on Katherine; she was starting to wake up I led Katherine into the dressing room I helped her get dressed she walked into the dining room. I sat down on the couch Damon came into my room and sat down on the couch Katherine walked over to me I picked her up.

"Ready to go?" I asked. 

"Yes mommy." Katherine said. 

I helped Katherine put on her cloak I put on my cloak Damon, Katherine, and I left the castle we were standing on the bottom steps of the castle waiting for the carriage there was a chill in the air and it was windy. Katherine was shivering I picked her up and held her trying to keep her warm finally the carriage arrived Damon opened the door and helped me inside I sat down and held Katherine close to me Damon climbed into the carriage he lifted up the seat and pulled out a blanket he wrapped it around Katherine to keep her warm. 

When the carriage arrived at the Royal Family's winter home Damon climbed out of the carriage and helped me out of the carriage Queen Alexandria greeted us on the top step, we followed her inside. 

"Elena, you can lay Katherine down on the couch and meet us in the meeting room." 

I laid Katherine down on the couch I removed the blanket and cloak I covered her up with the blanket and kissed her cheek I walked to the meeting room when I came into the room Damon and his mother were whispering to each other I joined them at the table.

"Your Majesty, Damon told me last night that your husband wants to remove the people from the slums." I said. 

"If my husband goes through with a plan like that the people in the slums are trying to make a living the best way, they, can I tried to help them a long time ago but my husband refused to let me help them." Queen Alexandria explained.

I looked over at Damon and noticed he looked very pale a maid brought in a tray of tea I grabbed a tea cup and added cream and sugar. 

"Mother would you ever accept Elena if she dates me?" 

"Of course, I would accept Lydia if she chooses to date you but there is more important things happening right now than a relationship." 

"Your Majesty how did you know Lydia is my real name?" I asked nervously.

"I searched through a list of nobleman daughters and the name Elena wasn't on the list and I found the name Lydia Covendew on list of peasants." Queen Alexandria explained. 

I felt my blood turn to ice and my stomach felt like it was in knots the little voice told me to grab Katherine and run for the hills. 

"Mother please don't turn her over to my father." 

"Damon calm down I'm not turning Lydia over to your father." 

"Your Majesty, The King had a few of his men kill my parent's and after I arrived at the castle, I overheard a few of the guards looking for me." I explained. 

"It seems my husband is abusing his power as King and he wants to raise taxes on peasants, shop owners, and remove people from the slums." Queen Alexandria said angrily. 

Damon just shook his head in disbelief I got up from the table and left the meeting room I walked into the living room and checked on Katherine she was awake. 

"Mommy, I want to go home." 

"We'll leave in a minute." 

Damon came into the living room I put Katherine's cloak back on her and wrapped the blanket around her he picked Katherine up we left his family's winter home and climbed back into the carriage. The carriage headed back to the castle I looked over at Damon, he had Katherine sitting on his lap it was the first time that Damon showed Katherine attention I looked at him and smiled. When arrived back at the castle Damon and I climbed out of the carriage and walked inside the castle we were greeted by Samantha the head maid. 

"Prince Damon, your father is waiting for you and Lady Elena in his office." Samantha said. 

"Thank you, Samantha." Damon replied. 

Samantha bowed and walked away Damon and I walked upstairs I opened the door to my bedroom we walked inside the room he gently laid Katherine down on my bed I quietly walked into my dressing room and strapped my daggers to my legs under my gown. Damon and I left my room I followed Damon to his father's office I could tell by the look on Damon's face that he was nervous. Damon and I walked into his father's office King Lucas looked at with disdain I stared him down I refused to let him think he could scare or intimidate me. 

"Father, you asked to see me and Lady Elena." 

"One of the guards men tells me that you and Lady Elena have been leaving the castle daily with a child." 

"The child is Lady Elena's cousin she is with her because she doesn't have parent's and another thing who gives you the right to spy on me and Lady Elena!!" Damon shouted. 

"You better watch that tone boy before you end up like your mother." King Lucas said in a deadpan voice. 

King Lucas looked at me with wicked eyes I looked at him with a death stare and refused to back down. 

"If you think you scare me hate to break it to you, I had an ass like you for a father." 

"You better watch your mouth girl before I throw you in the dungeon." 

Damon grabbed my hand and led me out of his father's office it was a quite walk to my bedroom. 

"If you're going to hit me for speaking out of turn just do it already." I said.

"Do you really think that I would be that low and hit a woman?" Damon asked.

When Damon and I walked into my room Katherine was sitting on the bed crying I walked over to her and picked her up.

"It's okay sweety mommy's here." 

I walked over to the couch and sat down I comforted Katherine; Damon sat beside me I gently rubbed her back. 

"She's asleep." Damon whispered.

I got up off the couch and gently laid Katherine back down in my bed I walked into my dressing room and put on a slip dress I walked back into the bedroom Damon was lighting a fire in the fire place I joined him on the couch. 

"You're welcome to sleep here again tonight." 

"Thanks, I'm afraid to leave you and Katherine in here alone." 

"What are we going to do?" I asked. 

"There's only one thing to do we are going to have to take down my father." Damon said. 

I looked over at Katherine, she was sound asleep I got up off the couch and walked into the bathing chamber when I was finished in the bathing chamber, I put my slip dress back on I walked into my room and climbed into bed with Katherine and Damon I blew out the candle and fell asleep.