Round 26

Welcome back!

You have picked option A and decided to go with the King and all his zoo friends! Let's get back into it!

The group look at each other with tired, drooping peepers, communicating everything in slow blinks like exhausted morse code

The group look at each other with tired, drooping peepers, communicating everything in slow blinks like exhausted morse code. But, they don't discuss whether they go with the zookeepers.

They knew It'd take them weeks to get back to the quarry on foot, if they got there at all in Glenn's questionable condition; not to mention the hordes of undead and threat of thirst and starvation.

Gertrude's shrill twang turned each spine rigid like an unwelcome alarm clock deep in the night, such excitement in her mousey cadence, "we graciously accept!" the animated girl claps, walking up to Betty and hugging her leg like a long lost BEF. "We made it, Betty!"

The purple herbivore swings her trunk and toots triumphantly, so gentle in the way she kneels down whilst flicking the party chick with her massive, floppy ears.

Gertrude's lip trembles, her round chin dimpling as she holds onto the gentle beast, butterflies waltzing in her empty belly, making her feel like the queen of the forest as she looks at the King all glassy eyed. "Is she okay?"

The eccentric leader laughs jovially, reassuring his savior with a fist against his heart in a display of sincerity. "Fear not, fair lady! For she is exemplary this day. She has kneeled down to you, offering you respite for your feet, weary traveler." Ezekiel attempts to tuck a stray dread behind his ear, walking up and patting Betts on her mammoth head. "It is unusual for Betty to trust so swiftly. She must know what you've done for her, and for our people!"

The King's enthused words only fuel Gertrudes elation. "Oh. My. God! This is the best day everrrrr!" The party girl plants a sloppy kiss on the elephant's artificially-enhanced hide, and after one deep breath, she did what she had dreamed about since she was a little girl, doodling sketches of animals in her spiral notebook.

She scales the creature, careful as to where she places her feet, running her dainty pointers over the wrinkled skin and relishing the sensation like a six-course meal. She had ridden horses, but nothing could ever compare to the feeling of finding her saddle on the back of such a majestic creature.

Gertrude pointed at her beatnik, who stood watching like he was witnessing the rapture or lost in the throes of a really bad trip. His mouth is set slightly ajar as he idly scratches his stubble. "What ya waiting for, Merle? no time like the present!"

The eldest Dixon laughs hesitantly, edging toward his girl like he was walking over cracks of magma. "I dunno about this, sugartits! I don't like that look in its eyes!" The usually ballsy man whittles down at the sight of the building-sized animal, the first time anything had literally made him look ten-inches tall.

"Come on, ya big baby! And you told me yer were scared of nothin'..." The forest queen pouts, waiting for her flame to follow suit.

Shane watches the debacle with crossed arms, head cocked curiously, and he can't resist poking fun. "No point, G. He's scared! I mean, look at him, all sweaty and nervous." The ex-cop goes into a pantomime, all knocking knees and sniffles. "I used to catch perps like that all the time. Unfortunately for him, those diapers went with the car."