Round 6

Welcome back!

You have picked the option B - exploring the town; So let's dive back into it.

The car revs and jerks as Shane speeds down the lonely road, his face hard and profoundly serious

The car revs and jerks as Shane speeds down the lonely road, his face hard and profoundly serious. "Screw it, we're goin'! We need the supplies and a place to spend the night," he growls.

Negan mockingly salutes. "Yes, boss! Let's just hope the reason this place is so pristine is a goddamn understandable one. Not due to a bunch of freaks hidin' out in there with strange relationships with their cousin's."

They slow down as they enter, pulling up next to a huge glass window of a storefront. The engine dies and leaves them in total silence as they each assess their new surroundings, with tilted heads and curious eyes.

Gertrude looks even worse than she did ten minutes ago. She's paler than the moon as she scrapes away the damp hair from her face. Merle squeezes her hand reassuringly.

But the party girl slides off his lap, landing in a heap in the footwell.

Merle represses his smile. "I think you should rest up in here, sweetheart. Sleep it off in this here vehicle, you should be safe."

Gertrude grumbles, curling up in a ball. "I think I'm gonna be sick! Why have we stopped? Where are we? What is happening?"

Shane shoots her incredulous look.

Daryl unclips his seat belt, straining his head to look at her. "Girl, you must have been at it for weeks not to realize what's been going on around you!"

Gertrude shrugs. "I was on my way home from a festival and next thing I know, I'm in here, after being locked in a shitty bathroom!"

Negan chuckles, taking in a large breath of air and rubbing his hands together. "Well, sugar. This shit will really, really ruin your day. In case you haven't noticed, and it's goddamn obvious you ain't, the dead now reanimate, walk the Earth, and crave your flesh. There's a real danger of being eaten alive I'm afraid. That's if another group of people don't get you first..."

Glenn has never looked as uncomfortable. He's as still as a statue on this stranger's lap when Merle purses his lips, thinking it over carefully.

The rough redneck nods at Negan like the two older men are chatting about the last cubs game over a coffee. Or like a pair of soccer dads eating brunch.

A gruff Merle sighs, hands mindlessly gesturing. "Yeah, s'right. Society collapsed, no government, no police, electricity. Law and order totally went poof!...I'd place a bet on sayin' what happened was the apocalypse, sweetheart. But at least it went while you was shakin' your ass!"

Gertrude's eyes turn wide as saucers, watering at their corners. She sat upright, like she was hanging on their every word. But, a titter of a nervous laugh escapes her as Merle rubs her back.