Round 14

Welcome back!

You have picked the option A - to choose the gun. Okay then, if you don't wanna listen to the warning, let's give Glenn the gun and dive back into it. Now quite literally.

"T-the gun," Glenn stammered, uncurling his shaking fingers in the direction of the chrome Smith and Wesson

He hadn't heard how the red-haired man tried to dissuade him, as he turns a shade paler.

"No, please! You can't do this," Glenn pleads, thrashing his limbs in the minion's vice grip. His heart leapt into his throat as the maniac took slow, purposeful steps toward him.

"I pray the lord is with you, sinner," The preacher growls, handing the young man the weapon. And like a flash, the fanatic's black shoe connects with the back of Glenn's knee, causing him to stumble into the hip-deep swamp.

The boy shook, fingers running to the back of the pistol as he cocked it. He spins in a circle, trying to lock onto the closest assailant. The growls are so overwhelming, he hardly knows which way is up.

GARRRRGHH!

A walker gurgles to his left, causing Glenn to pull the trigger, praying that it hits.

Click...

Nothing!

Maybe it's a misfire? Glenn tries to convince himself.

But alas, he squeezes the trigger once more.

Click, click, click.

Thinking on his toes, the boy grunts, then throws his weight into a kick. It connects with the walker, the water splashing as the monster falls back into the water.

"Oh didn't I tell you? There's no ammo in the pistol. Can't have you firing at our people." The preacher cackles, but Glenn can hardly hear him over the chorus of walkers. "If only you had faith in our flock member..."

"Geez!" Our hero tucks in all his limbs, and attempts to plough through the sea of biters. Oh, if only he had some sort of melee weapon to keep them out of biting distance.

A rotting, horrifically-thin torso with exposed ribs and two slits for a nose emerges from under the shallow water. The turmoil in the pool freeing it from the loose rope that held it down. Its teeth gnash and water pours from its hollow eye socket.

And poor Glenn didn't notice the biter floating towards him, as he spun with his gun frantically pointing in all directions. He pants and represses the urge to vomit.

His fingers dip into the water, and what happens next sends his heart into a fatal spin. The terminal gravity in his stomach feeling heavier than a mountain.

The pain was agony as the once human sunk its teeth into the dark-haired boy's digits. His screech slicing through the night as he tries in vain to yank them away.

He smashes the butt of the gun down where the anguish emanates from, connecting with a fragile skull and shattering it. The tell-tale wet thunk of oozing meat filling his ears, the twice-cooked pork was finally dead again.

"No! No! No! Noooo! This can't be happening, I've been bit!" In his terrorized state, Glenn's dark orbs immediately lock onto the bleeding bite mark that had sunk deep into his flesh, dread eating him alive.

Is this the end for me? I'm going to turn!

Noah's minions spread around all the corners of the pool, watching this shit show with grim facades. But, Noah rests on his haunches at the lip, holding his hand out. "Come to me."

Glenn doesn't think twice! He rams his way through the small crowd of the dead with barging shoulders, feeling lightheaded and dizzy.

As soon as his soaked palm connects with the black-clad fanatic, he feels himself being helped out of the soup-like sludge. Glenn comes to rest on his back with Noah stands above him. The preacher's head cocks curiously.

"It bit me! I need to-..." Glenn's frenetic words die on his tongue. A middle-aged woman passes the preacher a long, green-handled machete which he holds high above him.

"Yes, yes...you have been bit, just as I expected...hold them out and I will cleave them from your body, or you can curl up and wait to die...what will it be?"

****

OPTION A:  Let Noah cut off the bitten fingers. It's the only way to survive!

OPTION B:  We can't let him do that to Glenn! We've got no idea where that machete's been. Surely there's a better way!

Vote in an inline comment for the option you'd prefer to happen.

****

Chillout

Chillout

Yesterday we were asking about The Walking Dead characters you'd like to have by your side in a hairy situation. Today it's real people time.

Tag your Wattpad friends who you'd like to have in your post-apocalypse community. Tell us more about it. What's the community's name? Are you the good guys or the bad guys? What's your group about? Do share in the comments.

 What's the community's name? Are you the good guys or the bad guys? What's your group about? Do share in the comments