Round 24

Welcome back!

You have picked the option A - to help the zookeepers. You are all so nice; So let's dive back into it.

"Come on, Merle!" Gertrude tugs on his strained bicep, pleading, "let's go save the elephant

"Come on, Merle!" Gertrude tugs on his strained bicep, pleading, "let's go save the elephant." She flutters her lashes, leaning heavily on her feminine wiles.

When the eldest Dixon clenches his jaw, she throws daggers and places her rifle on the top of the Honda, quickly climbing up next to it. She lays on her belly and tweets her rifle until it's focused on the poachers.

"Jesus! Known sugartits for five seconds and she's already leading me by the dick ..." the yokel shakes his head in exasperation, before loading a round in the chamber of his high-powered killing machine.

Shane follows suit, much to the amusement of the hillbilly. Who's calling the shots now, pig? Then his shoulders sink.

... the skirt. The skirt is calling the shots ...

The zookeepers wave at their hero's, making a human shield between the poachers and the heavily-distressed Betty, shuffling her car-crushing feet. Her trunk swings in the air as she lets out an all-consuming trumpet.

"It's alright Betty." The King runs his hand over the creature's wrinkled skin, spots of her hide shimmering purple in the sun. "Our saviors have come." He swings his golden sceptre toward the armed hunters. "You will rue this day! My brothers and sister have come to even out the adversities that have been bestowed upon us." One of the zookeepers hands over a simple firearm, placing the cane in his backpack. "Leave now! Heed your final warning!"

"Prepare to die, tree huggers!" The leader of the poachers drawls, looking down his scope.

Gertrude scrambles like an over-enthusiastic flea onto the bonnet of the bullet-bust Honda, rolling like a navy seal and her eye glueing instantaneously to her desert colored scope.

"Oh for fuck's sake, this is who we are now? Fuckin' saviors to everyone that asks us a favor?" The leather-clad man mumbles while wrapping Glenn up in his blanket like a Cicada, his dark eyes widening suddenly..."Heh, saviors...I like that, has a nice ring to it."

Without wasting any more time, Negan darts out of the vehicle, taking position next to Shane over the bonnet of the car. The two men are poised like two state troopers at a hostage negotiation, pistols aimed steady and teeth gritting under the urgency.

In three long strides, Merle finds himself next to his newfound flame, a coy grin on his chapped lips. "Nothin' says true love like this, sugar tits. Couples who slay together, stay together and all that, hm?"

"Right! Y'all got these fucks in your sights?" Shane's rusty timbre barks over the sun-baked metal as our group assess these animal-eating bush people in their squinted eyes, mumbled 'a'has and hmn's' his only answer.