Definitely Not Fun

Elizabeth's POV
The line for the club was already half way down the street when we arrived. Izzy, sighing, grabbed my arm and dragged me to the front, then charmed us into the heaving, dark room. There were people everywhere, in such a density it was hard to move for the bodies all around that were dancing, drinking and straight up hooking up in the darkest corners. I know the moment I stepped inside I was going to have no fun at all. It was all just a little too much for me. From the amount of people, to the noise, to the smell of the place, it all merged together to form a giant ball of panic inside me.

"Come on, let's get you a drink. You're looking a little too tense." Izzy once again grabbed hold of me and dragged me to the bar before sitting down on one of the stools and gesturing for me to follow suit. She ordered and then it was my turn.

"I'll have a diet lemonade please." I told the barman nervously and as he went of to fetch our drinks, Izzy turned to face me and frowned.

"I fetch you to a club and you order a diet lemonade? Like not even a full fat lemonade? What is wrong with you?" She asked a note of annoyance in her tone.

"I tend make questionable decisions when I get drunk." I answered lightly, turning my head to survey the club.

"Like what?" She asked looking intrigued. I shook my head laughing. "Come on, it can't be that bad!"

"Well one time I decided it was a good idea to jump off a roof, that ended up with a broken leg, another time, I thought it was a good idea to take on a horde of demons alone, almost died. So you know in general just life threatening choices." I shrugged spinning on the stool to face her again. "I prefer to stay sober."

"Each to their own." She said before downing the shot that had been place in front of her.

"And the diet lemonade for you." The bartender called over the booming music and then winked which perplexed me.

"Thanks." I smiled before taking a sip. "Ergg, what is this music?" I complained to Izzy as she threw back another shot.

"You sound like an old person." She giggled and I rolled my eyes in response.

"No I just have a decent taste in music, which this is not." I said my tone laced with sarcasm.

"I don't care how terrible the music is let's dance!" Izzy declared dragging me from my stool.

"But my drink!" I protested as she pulled me painfully into the sea of sweaty, smelly and frankly handsy bodies. Izzy tried to get me to dance which after some persuasion I did, reluctantly though, I might add. Izzy laughed and giggled the whole time as we bobbed up and down to the music. After a few tracks, I was exhausted and headed back over to the stool at the bar leaving Izzy to the group of young males she'd managed to attract.
"I'll have a glass of water please." I ordered regaining my stool.

"Your friend seems quite the party girl." The bartender commented as he handed me the glass.

"Yeah, she wanted us to have fun. I guess she is." I shrugged in response.

"And you, are you having fun?" He asked curiously. He was a little bit older than me, looked about early twenties with dark hair and eyes.

"I haven't decided yet." I laughed casually. "Clubs really aren't my scene."

"How so?" He was such a chatty barman. I supposed he was just being friendly but still.

"I don't really know. I've just had some bad luck with them." I shrugged again.

"You'll be well looked after here with me." He smiled and went off to serve another customer. It was sweet that he often to keep an eye on me but I couldn't help but feel there was something else to it. Maybe I was just paranoid with everything that's happening, but for some reason it all felt off.