Making their Escape

Elizabeth's POV
"Slight flaw in your other wise brilliant plan to get us out of here Joe." I motioned down to my t-shirt and shorts combo. "I'm still wearing pyjamas."

He smiled slyly. "I don't think anyone will mind."

I shot him a dirty look. "I mind! I will not go out in my day old pyjamas!"

"Fine, I suppose you'll be wanting these then." He pulled a pile of clothes from the chair.

"Why do you have an entire outfit of my clothes?" I asked suspicious.

"Elizabeth love, I have lived with you for the past six years, you'd think I've known you long enough to know that you'd want to change as soon as you woke up." He looked down at me and smiled.

"Well thank you." I took the clothes from him discovering a pair of black skinny jeans, a white camisole with lace edges and a low 'v' back, my signature black leather jacket and black ankle boots. "Well done Joe, you have a good sense of style." I complemented him on his choice.

"I do notice what you wear everyday beside I just picked what I think you look good in." He shrugged. He had a good eye. I should have noticed that before now. He did always wear clothes that matched and made his body look good. Not that that was difficult, with a body like his.

"Well, then you like a good combination of clothes on me." I shrugged and waved at him to leave. "Give me two minutes and I'll be ready to leave. Go watch for Jace or something." He rolled his eyes and headed towards the door.
----------
Jace's POV

I reached Liz's room and found her bag under the bed. Huh, she hadn't unpacked at all. Not even a pair of shoes at the end of the bed or a hairbrush laying out on the dressing table. Pulling the bag into the bed, I found a pair of jeans that looked clean and a hoodie that looked decidedly too big for my sister and probably was stolen off of Joe. Then again so did the shirt she was wearing as pyjamas. I also found a whole hoard of weapons. By the Angel she must be paranoid, there was enough weapons there to arm an entire institute but hey, who am I to judge? It's not like I don't go anywhere without at least two blades and a few daggers.  I scooped up the clothes and replaced the bag under the bed before heading back to the infirmary.
----------
Joe's POV
"Liza, you ready?" I called into the infirmary sticking my head around the door. She was right, I did have a good sense of style. She looked great, the white setting off her slightly tanned skin, the jeans hugging her curves and legs perfectly. She was running her fingers through her curls the movement making the muscles in her exposed back ripple gently reminding me that despite her small fragile looking frame she was strong. Rationally, I never really had to worry about her when we were in a fight, I knew she could hold her own perfectly well. She was the best. However since I wasn't entirely rational when it came to her I still worried. A lot. I always feared something would happen to her. That I would lose the only person I had but I supposed I shouldn't have worried about losing her to a demon but about losing her to the Clave. It hurt to think about it, having to say goodbye to her for the last time. It left my heart broken. I couldn't believe that it was happening, I couldn't believe that Mr Fellowbe thought that this was the best option for us. I couldn't....

"Joe? Did you hear me? I said I'm ready to go." Her voice snapped me out of my daydream mid thought.  She was facing me, a look of concern plastered on her face, she looked beautiful, that type of effortless beauty that comes from her soul. She pulled her fingers out of her hair, adjusted the straps of her top and laced her boots.

"Ummm... yeah, let's go." I walked over to the window.

"Do you have weapons?" She asked cautiously. She always asked that, she never went anywhere without weapons. I pulled two seraph blades from their place in my jeans and handed her one. She nodded and tucked it into her jacket.

"Thanks." She said before jumping out of the window. She landed safely on the ground and looked up back at me waving for me to join her. Her eyes shinning with the excitement of the situation. I jumped too landing beside her.

"Shall we?" I held out my arm for her.

"We shall." She replied taking my arm as we started to walk down the street.
----------
Jace's POV
The infirmary was too quiet for two people. It was almost unnatural. I entered the room quietly and unsurprisingly it was empty.

"Oh for the love of the Angel!" I shouted angrily throwing the clothes on to the bed. Even when we were children, Lizzie was the most stubborn out of the two of us. Once she set her mind on something, she had to do it. The notepad on the bed caught my attention. I reached for the list and read the it over, my eyes coming to fall on one half way down the page.
8. One last unauthorized trip out.
It was crossed out. It was no wonder Joe got so frustrated with my little sister. I ran over to the open window and stared out looking for Lizzie or Joe. Scanning the horizon I quickly found the blonde and the dark headed pair walking down the street arm in arm.
"Lizzie!" I shouted. She stopped suddenly, turned to see who was shouting her name, saw me hanging out the window and smiled then waved casually and carried on walking down the street out of sight. They were so dead when we found them!