Chapter fifteen

There's not a lot to do when you get stuck in a blizzard. The snow and wind is crazy, everyone else is at the cabin, and Brendon and Ryan are stuck getting a motel room. 

"Room 17," the man says, and the two nod. They step outside. Brendon takes Ryan's hand instinctively once again and leads him to the room through the blizzard. Brendon opens the door, and they both realize the same thought: The doors don't lock. They step in and Ryan closes the door. 

"One bed, great," Brendon says. It's a small bed, but it's obviously made for two.

"I think that was our fault," Ryan says quietly. Brendon looks at him in confusion. "I mean, if two boys walked in holding hands, I'd give them one bed too." 

Brendon shakes his head, then realizes that they're still holding hands, so he lets go and walks to the window in attempt to hide his slightly pink cheeks. "Why'd you even leave?"

"Just needed to breathe," Ryan says, then sits on the bed and takes his shoes and socks off.

"Breathe? You left without a word for hours just to breathe?" Brendon says in an annoyed tone as he copies Ryan's actions. Ryan doesn't speak, but instead looks down. Brendon throws his shoes and socks to the side and closes the curtains because it's unsettling knowing that strangers have the option to watch them. It's getting darker, the red glow of the lamp is the brightest thing in the room. 

Brendon turns around and sits next to Ryan. 

"Didn't think anyone would care," Ryan says truthfully once he realizes that Brendon's waiting for a response. 

"I do care," he tells Ryan, and something about him caring about Ryan makes Ryan's heart flutter. He looks at Brendon, frowning slightly. 

"You do?" Ryan asks quietly. Brendon looks at him.

"Weirdly, yeah," he says softly. It's not until now does Ryan realize how close they are, how he can feel Brendon's breath. Brendon's dark brown eyes are really pretty, his skin is so smooth and clear, he-

"You have freckles," Ryan comments quietly because they're close. Brendon blushes and looks down. Ryan's never seen him embarrassed about something, so he expects Brendon to just say something rude, tell him to shut up, but he doesn't.

"Um, yeah." 

Ryan's anxiety remains, but he does relax a bit.

There's something about Brendon that Ryan feels so attracted to. He's cute, yes, everyone knows that, but Ryan's not only attracted to his looks. Brendon's a sweet guy. Maybe not to Ryan, but deep down inside him, he's a sweetheart. He scoffed when Sarah said he's nice. Maybe that's what Ryan's attracted to: trying to get the sweetheart to show.

Brendon looks at him and suddenly it's Ryan's turn to be awkward. He's just staring, some expression Ryan can't name on his face. 

"Bren...?" Ryan ask quietly. Brendon suddenly frowns, remembering something that has been eating him alive.

"Can I see your arms?" He asks. Ryan's heart sinks. That's not what he thought the raven haired man was gonna ask, so now the anxiety is getting worse. He swallows hard. Brendon notices, once again wanting to attach his lips to Ryan's neck. Ryan takes his hoodie off, turning his body towards Brendon. Brendon moves closer and turns his body as well, them now more than close. He's wearing a button up, so rolling up his sleeves isn't an option. Brendon realizes that now and their hearts start pounding.

Ryan looks down during the long silence. Their bodies are close. Ryan begins to turn but suddenly Brendon's rough but careful hands land on Ryan's chest. Ryan's heats up as Brendon begins to unbutton his shirt. Ryan lets him, because something about this is making his chest flutter. 

"I know what I saw, I just want to see again," Brendon says quietly, but he's starting to think that this is a petty excuse to undress him. His hands trail up to Ryan's shoulders, slowly sliding his hands down Ryan's arms until Ryan takes his shirt off, Brendon's hands temporarily landing on Ryan's thighs. Brendon tosses the shirt to the side and Ryan holds his arms out. Brendon doesn't do anything, just staring at his arms. Ryan doesn't quite know what Brendon wants from this, maybe the thought that he might care? Brendon looks into Ryan's eyes again, and everything's suddenly so gentle and soft and intimate to both of them.

Brendon moves closer, hands gently landing on Ryan's skinny hips. They're close, faces closer. Brendon's eyes quickly move down to Ryan's lips, staring so intensely because he just wants him. He leans closer, Ryan tense and nervous and excited at the same time. Their noses brush together and Brendon feels intoxicated on Ryan's scent. He smells good, a slight hint of vanilla, but he doesn't smell like anything except himself. It's purely him, and Brendon could get high off of it.

"Is this okay?" Brendon asks softly. Ryan's hands go to Brendon's knees. 

"Kiss me," Ryan says and he does. Brendon pushes forward and gently kisses him. One of Brendon's hands travel up and land on the side of Ryan's neck with his soft, gentle touch. The kiss is short but ever so sweet. They pull apart and Brendon looks at Ryan with a small smirk. Ryan's always wanted to just punch that stupid little smirk off of Brendon's lips, but now he wants his lips to explore his skin. 

"You're really pretty. Like, seriously, you're cute and adorable and hot and-" He stops, eyes drifting down Ryan's body. "So irresistible."

Ryan leans forward, pressing their lips together passionately to which Brendon gladly obliges. Ryan's hands move up, wanting to get Brendon's shirt off as well. Brendon's heart pounds because that simple suggestion confirms what he wants to do. 

He takes his shirt off and gently pushes Ryan down. He kisses him, his jaw, his neck, his collarbone, all the way down to his irresistibly skinny hips. Brendon tugs the corner of his jeans down and sucks in a piece of skin on his hip. Ryan gasps in a way that makes Brendon's jeans tighten. He moans quietly as his boss continues to leave a mark. He pulls away once satisfied and begins to undo Ryan's jeans.

Ryan pushes himself up with his elbows, and Brendon suddenly jumps up to kiss him. Ryan's hand runs through his hair, them kissing each other passionately. Ryan's a really good kisser, and he can say the same about Brendon. Brendon's fingers play with the button on Ryan's jeans until that and the zipper is undone, and he slides them off and doesn't break the kiss. 

Nervousness and excitement settle in the pit of their stomachs as Ryan lets Brendon grab his wrists and pin him down. 

Good thing he left.