Chapter four

Brendon wasn't too happy to hear that he has to share a room with someone, but when he walked in and saw the boy with curly brown hair and some glasses almost too big for him and a oversized jacket curled up in the bed next to his, he wasn't sure how to feel. 

Ryan's breathing is even and slow. His lips are parted ever so slightly, and the blanket is draped on top of him. Brendon frowns slightly, looking at him for a long time. He looks really small and delicate. 

He heard that Ryan passed out. In fact, he just about watched it happen. Of course, he was a little worried, because who wouldn't be? 

Ryan begins to move slightly, little flinches and frowns, and Brendon realizes that he's having a nightmare. His breathing quickens, and Brendon walks up to him, kneeling down, then shakes him. He makes a small noise, looking scared, and Brendon won't admit that he feels a little bad for having to shake someone so delicate looking this hard.

"Hey, wake up," Brendon says. Ryan's eyes soon flutter open after he shakes him a little harder, then looks at Brendon in a mix of shock, confusion, and tiredness. He blinks tiredly. "You looked like you were having a nightmare," Brendon explains, standing up and walking over to his bed. The realization hits Ryan that the person he has to share a room with is actually Brendon. Not some crew member or an extra, no, the actual Brendon Urie. 

"Thank you," Ryan chokes out quietly. He went on a whole rant to Sarah about how he hated Brendon, and he just woke him up from a nightmare.

"You alright?" Brendon asks, and Ryan looks up, frowning. "You passed out earlier."

"Oh, yeah, I'll be fine," he says, forcing a small laugh. Brendon stares at him for a long time, then sighs. 

"You already know me, and if you don't, I'm Brendon." He looks at his phone, putting in some earbuds. Ryan gets out of bed and goes to his bag, grabbing headphones and his phone, and a sketchbook with a pen. 

"I'm Ryan." Brendon hums slightly and puts his earbuds in. Ryan crawls back onto his bed, then opens his book to a fresh page, looking around for inspiration. He can't help but feel anxiety pool in his chest.

Ryan puts his headphones on once he realizes that that's all they're gonna say. He plays some music. It's snowing lightly. He draws an outline of the window, then his shadow from the lamp behind him, then the walls and the floor and the other little details. An hour passes and he has finished it, and he stares at it, then up, then at the drawing, then at his hands. The side of his hand is shaded with pen, and he smiles slightly at the reoccurrence with every drawing.

A hand is placed on his shoulder and he jumps horribly, heart sinking and sketchbook nearly falling to the ground. Brendon is looking at him, so he takes his headphones off. 

"Sarah wanted to talk to you," Brendon says simply, pointing to the door behind them. Ryan puts the drawing to the side, as well as his headphones and phone. As he stands and walks out of the room, Brendon looks at the drawing, then the window. He's got talent.

"Hey," Ryan says. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Sarah asks.

"Good, good, it's... a little... you know?" Ryan asks, and Sarah laughs, making him smile. Brendon turns, watching the two. 

"Yeah, I feel the same. It's... surreal," Sarah says, looking around. Brendon frowns, wondering if they're dating. He looks at them for a little too long. Sarah and him talk for a while before she leads them away, leaving Brendon confused.