Roses (oneshot)

I pushed my lip in as I peered up at the large house, the cloud overcast and pretty much blocking all of the sun. I'd been doing this for over a month now, escaping the hell I call a home to come to this giant house and steal his roses. It'd be different, if I were different. I'd be buying the flowers, instead of stealing them.

I pushed aside the mounting anxiety and walked to the fence quickly, patting my pocket to make sure the sheers were still in place. Only reason I even had these was because mother had stabbed my thigh with them two weeks ago.

I blew a breath before I began hoisting myself up and over the iron fence closest thing the garden, my hands slick with the humidity from the outdoors. I tumbled as I slid onto the other side, my hand forcing me to slide down the rails. I grimaced as I hit the ground hard, my eyes shutting as I tried to contain the pain shooting through me.

"Fuck, okay." I muttered to myself, moving quickly through the thick hedges. The black oversized hoodie helped me against the thorns wanting to stretch my arms, but unfortunately they kept snagging onto my hair. By the time I finally reached the secluded garden in the center, my hair was undoubtedly sticking up in a million different directions.

I smiled gently as I saw the red roses blooming, my hand taking the sheets out from my pocket. I moved forward quietly, caressing the roses before cutting them off. I was almost done when a loud clash of thunder sounded, the air swirling around me.

"So you're the one taking my roses." I spun around with a squeak, my eyes locking with steel grey ones. He stood taller than me, pristine brown hair cut short with a side part. Black frames covered those grey eyes, while he wore a white button down and black slacks.

"I, I, I promise I was going to pay you back." Once I actually got my life together.

I swallowed as he eyed me, his eyes calculating and cold. I could feel the rain practically coating my skin even though it hasn't rained yet, my heart hammering in my chest as I clutched the roses to me. I could feel the thorns pricking me, but I wasn't sure if they caused me to bleed just yet.

"What business do you have on my property, taking my roses?" My lip was currently being chewed on as he stared at me, lightening flashing behind me causing him to light up. I felt my breath catch, my heart completely stopping its hammering for a single second.

He was perfect.

"They're, they're, they're for someone." One of his eyebrows raised at me, almost as if he couldn't believe my answer.

"Someone?"

"Ye-yes, someone." I said a bit more adamantly, standing up slightly taller.

"Fine." I shrunk back, letting out a breath I didn't know as I eyed him.

"Fine?"

"Yes, fine. Now come." My mouth hinged open slightly as he turned, my eyes watching him take a few steps before I snapped out of it and jumped forward.

"Wait! I, I'm not going with you anywhere!" He shorted slightly as he shook his head, the very top of the corner of his mouth lifting ever so slightly.

"Yes you are, you're coming with me to show me this Someone, if they're so spectacular I wonder how they'll react to knowing you're stealing roses for them." I felt myself flush before I cast my eyes down, my feet stupidly deciding to follow him.

He bypassed his house entirely, instead choosing to move towards a silver BMW parked near the back gate entrance. I had no clue why I was trusting him enough to follow him, but I couldn't seem to stop my feet from following him. I looked up to find him standing by the passenger side door, one hand holding it open as he patiently watched me.

I sat inside the car gently, inhaling the rich leather and slight scent of soap, I'm not sure which kind but I knew it smelt soapy, and watched him move seamlessly around to wards the drivers side. Once he actually sat down it seemed he flood gates opened, rain beginning to pour down relentlessly as he turned the car on.

I clutched the stems again, my eyes moving to look away from him as he pulled up to the opening gates, his fingers gently tapping against the steering wheel. "Where do I go, where does this Someone live?"

I bumped ad I looked up, my hand shakily lifting up to point down the road. "Take a left, then a right, and two more lefts."

Now I just had to figure out how to tell him, that the Someone were going to see, lives in a graveyard.