The Reaper <adopted>

"I wouldn't talk to her if I were you." Luke and North both shared a look before turning to see who spoke to them, a short brunette with warm, kinda eyes. She glanced over their shoulder to where Sang was now walking down the hallway, the crowd sorting as if she was Moses and they, the sea.

"Why not?" Luke took the bait and asked, his own eyes flickering back to the blonde that had him all tangled up inside.

"She's seen death and lived to talk about it."

***

Sang Sorenson has seen more deaths in her 18 years than almost anyone. It isn't a coincidence, nor is it her fault really. She's a Reaper, a keeper of Souls. She helps lost Souls cross over from the human realm, to wherever they seem to end up.

Because of that, she's often found at many death scenes. Some see her, some don't. Those that have seen death in their lifetime can watch as she helps the Souls cross over; the lucky few that haven't seen death can't see her.

Because of her painful life at home and the burden she must bear, Sang doesn't speak with many, and doesn't show many emotions. But nine boys come stumbling into her peaceful life at Ashley Waters, and all seem to want to figure out the girl that has the entire school afraid.