Chapter 1: Meeting the New Characters

It was November 7th, 2017, and a big thing was happening in two days. A three foot tall, blond cat was walking to school like all anthropomorphic cats did. She walked into the school building in a great mood, radiating beams of pure happiness from her body. She strolled up to a locker that wasn't hers and waited.

While waiting, Honest noticed some commotion going on in a room down the hall. She recognized it as her first period class. Yelling was heard, then a literal bat man floated out of the classroom, glowing red. (Or maybe he was a jackal?) One of the lockers beside Honest opened and a binder floated out, glowing red as well. Honest jumped and was frozen in place. What was going on?

The binder suddenly stopped glowing and fell to the floor. The bat-jackal quit glowing and said something that didn't sound very friendly under his breath. He walked over, and Honest just watched, not knowing what to do or what to think. He stooped to pick up the binder and when he stood back up, turned to the cat. "Boo."

"B-b-" Honest didn't know what to say, so she just tried to repeat what he had said to her. "Boo?"

He wore a mask over his face, so she couldn't really tell what he meant by that strange word. A bulging vein appeared on his head, revealing that he was annoyed. "Yes, boo. I don't like to make enemies when it's not for the sake of some sort of plot, so.. just ignore me and we'll get along."

When Honest just continued to stare: "I-I said ignore me!" Honest tried to close her gaped mouth but couldn't. He slammed the locker and spun around, floating back to the classroom that he had just came from.

"What just-"

"Hey, good morning!"

"Ah!" Honest turned around quickly to see her friend, Shadow the Edgehog, standing there.

"Where were you?!" Honest asked him.

"I was talking with Silver and I lost track of time. I'm sorry." He pulled a binder out of his locker for Algebra.

That always happens when you talked to a time traveller. "So what happened?"

Honest didn't want to tell him at first, so several seconds of silence passed before either of them finally said something. "I just met Infinite."

---

Shadow was walking with Honest towards her first period class, where Infinite had just gone.

"So he's going to school?"

"Mm-hm."

"And he hasn't blown anything up yet?"

"From what I've seen, no."

Suddenly an explosion was heard from inside the classroom they were headed to. "Nice talking to you, Honest. Bye!" Shadow skated away in a blaze of sparks.

"Shadow, wait!" Honest exclaimed, stretching out a hand to catch him. She narrowly missed him as he bolted across the hall. Honest took a deep breath and stepped into the room.

"I request to sit next to him!" Infinite was floating in front of the teacher's desk, red cubes floating around him, aimed directly at the teacher's head. The bat-jackal was pointing at the Custom Character, who had been going to the school for over a week now because of the fans' willingness to draw fanart of him and ship him with other characters despite the game he was in not being out yet.

The teacher sighed and turned towards Sonic, who was sitting next to CC. "Sonic, will you please move to another seat and let Infinite here sit next to the Custom Character?"

Sonic hesitated before nodding and rising from his desk. He went and sat near the back of the room.

Honest tried not to be spotted by the glowing jackal as she tiptoed to her own seat. Infinite floated to the desk beside CC and sat down. His red glow faded away and his quills and tail fell, no longer defying gravity. Technically they had been obeying gravity because the power from the Phantom Ruby was lifting them, but whatever. The Custom Character was trying to keep from looking directly at him for fear of his own life.