Chap-39 A Moment Closer

He pulled me closer to him and stroked back my wet hair. Both our bodies were drenched. The cold water drops were falling on our bodies when he moved closer to me. This time I didn't stop him from doing anything, I belonged to him, I was his, my everything was his. My love, my warmth, my feelings, my breath and my heartbeat. I was nothing without him, my life was meaningless without him. 

He cupped my neck with fingers and started kissing on it. He slowly kissed every side of my neck. His lips touched my weakest points. He moved upwards slowly kissing my chin now. He kissed every part near my chin and moved to my lips.

He was teasing my lips with his fingers when I closed my eyes tightly. He pushed his lips against mine without waiting for any longer. Yes, I wanted this, I lips longed for the touch of lips. He grabbed me tighter as we deepened the kiss. The night was magical. It was raining heavily and I was with my loved one as close as we could be.

He slowly moved his hands from my waist to my head pushing my mouth even closer to his. I grabbed hold of his wet shirt tightly and voluntarily moved close to him. He was moving his fingers through my hair playfully as he kept kissing me. 

After a while, we parted away, his lips from mine still grabbing my waist. This time I said it first,

Ri- I love you Armaan

Ar- I love you too basket

I dug my face into his chest shyly as he embraced me softly.

**********************

Sid- Niki...where are you, I'm hungry...Niki...

Niki was dressing up in her room when he opened the door.

Ni- Sid, I'll be out there in a few minutes. God these stupid dresses...

She was trying to lock her zip but couldn't reach it. He slowly walked towards her with silent steps and moved his fingers on her exposed skin. She was startled first,

Ni- Sid you...I told you I was coming

Sid- I couldn't wait. But I must say, traditional clothes suit you very much

She blushed when he said that.

Ni- Uh...that actually, I thought we were going out to eat so...

He pulled her closer to him when she started breathing faster. 

Sid- I think we'd better stay home tonight...[he whispered]

She shyly bent her head when he pushed her hair aside and started kissing her shoulder. She shut her eyes tight. He pushed the dress a little more aside and kissed her deeper.

I was breathing hard when I felt his warm breath on my skin. His fingers were moving teasingly on my exposed skin. He wrapped his arms around me and started kissing my neckline. I tried to move away but his grip only became tighter. 

Suddenly his lips moved from my neckline to the part behind my neck where my skin was exposed. He pushed his lips against my skin making me breathe harder. I wanted his touch, I longed for his touch. I felt at peace with his presence so close to me.

He gently turned me towards his face and started kissing my eyes, then cheeks and then teasingly kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer by my waist. 

After a while, our lips parted when I felt like a beautiful dream came to an end.

Sid- I love you...[kisses her forehead]

Ni- This feels like a dream

Sid- Well, I can prove it to you that it's not a dream

Ni- How?

He gave her a peck

Sid- See you could feel my lips. It's not a dream

Ni- You...stop teasing me already

He laughed and pulled her into a hug.

************************

It 3 years since the all the four had started dating each other's partners. The years passed by happiness and love. The four of them worked hard but also spent time together. It felt as if the clouds of sorrow and pain had passed and the clouds of happiness and love were all around the sky.

Riddhima joined her office back long ago after their project completion. Anjali and Karan were happily married and already had two cute little girls. All the four often visited her to enjoy and play with the kids.

Whenever the boys were around the kids, they also looked like kids. The girls would enjoy seeing them. Sid and Armaan had already started seeing their future with Nikita and Riddhima. All they were waiting for was the right time to ask the girls the most important question of their life.

Everything was as good as never before. Then the perfect night came when both the boys had decided to take a step ahead,

Ri- Armaan, where are we? Armaan

Ar- Wait a minute...

He went and switched on the lights of the room,

Ar- Open your eyes Riddhima

I opened my eyes and saw a room full of my pictures. Big, small, cute and lovely. It was beautiful, it was so surprising. 

Ri- Armaan what is this...

Ar- This is a small surprise for the girl I love

Ri- Armaan, why did you...

Ar- Close your eyes Riddhima

Ri- Armaan???

Ar- Please...

I close my eyes. I felt like he was walking towards me. He took my hands in his and suddenly slid something down my wrist. When I opened my eyes I saw a beautiful golden bangle on my wrist,

Ri- Armaan, what is this?

Ar- This is our...ancestral bangle. My mom asked me to give it to the girl I want to spend my whole life with

Ri- Armaan...

My eyes filled with tears of happiness. He suddenly moved away from me with his palm facing me,

Ar- I, Armaan Malik, want to spend the rest of my life happily with Riddhima Gupta. I promise to give her all the happiness of the world that she deserves. I promise to protect her from every pain, every sorrow. I promise her that I love her and only her.

I will always take good care of her and treat her like a princess because she is my princess.

Tears flow down my eyes when he said this.

Ar- So, if I ask her to marry me, will she accept my proposal?

He bends down on his knees and proposes to her,

Ar- Ms. Riddhima Gupta, would like to spend the rest of your life with me? Will you make me the happiest man by MARRYING ME?

She smiles happily with tears in her eyes. Armaan looks at her and smiles.

Ri- Armaan

I put my hands on his cheeks unable to say anything. I was so happy. I made him stand and wiped his tears. I hug him tightly and he wraps his hands around my shoulders and caresses my head.