Chapter 43| Nanu's Love story

Nanu chatted happily with Sana. Mostly she was enquiring about her. At one point when Nanu inquired about Sana's cooking skills, she doubted if Nanu was trying to set her up with someone.

'What are your thoughts on marriage? When are you planning to marry?' She asked.

Sana shifted uncomfortably while Nanu looked back interestedly at her.

'I- uh- am- not planning marriage now.' She said

'Why?'

Sana blinked at Nanu. She opened her mouth, but no words came out.

'Nanu, why are you boring Sana? Come here.' Daanish called from inside and Sana was relieved.

'Coming, Sona.'

'Nanu.' Daanish whined.

Nanu picked up her cup of tea and few biscuits and hurried into the room. Sana watched her disappear into the room and exhaled loudly.

Thank God – Sana shook her head. Few more moments of inquiring about Sana, she was positive Nanu would have presented an alliance for her.

Sana admired the lighting on the wall opposite the dining table, a while later she carried her tea-cup and stood by the window. She enjoyed the view as she sipped the tea. She heard laughter from inside and smiled too. She didn't want to disturb the grandmother-grandson quality time and hence stayed in the living room.

************************************

After being done with tea, Sana placed it on the tray and walked towards the room. She found Daanish leaning against the bedpost and Nanu beside him, her back faced Sana. Sana moved her hand and knocked on the door with her knuckles. They looked at her and she entered.

'Are you done with tea. Nanu?' She asked. Nanu nodded and handed her the teacup. Sana took it and was about to leave when Nanu held her hand.

'Sana is such a sweet girl. Daanish,' – She looked at her grandson and he nodded, - 'Don't you think she and Ramiz will make an excellent pair?' She asked.

Sana's eyes widened – Shit!

Daanish shifted uncomfortably in his place and shrugged, - 'No, Nanu. Ramiz is a hair-dresser. Matlab, seriously? Sana deserves a decent guy with some "real" job.' Daanish said air-quoting real. Sana looked gratefully at him while Nanu looked offended.

'Arey, so what? Don't hairdressers get married?' She argued.

Sana recollected Saba calling Ramiz a barber and mentally decided to not marry him at any cost. She looked down and faked a smile.

'Nanu. I have nothing against Ramiz, but I am not ready to marry now.' She said

'But for how long?' Nanu was persistent.

Abey yaar – Sana mentally rolled her eyes.

'Someday, Nanu but not now.' Sana tried sounding polite. Nanu looked disappointed. Sana hated that look but she couldn't help it.

Sana placed the dirty cups on the tray along with the empty half plate and carried it to the kitchen. She placed them next to the sink and picked up the apron again. She tied it and opened the tap. She washed the dirty cups and soup bowl and placed them neatly on the rack. She wiped her palms on her apron and turned around. She dashed into someone and gasped.

'Daanish.'

'Sorry.'

Sana looked at him and found him standing with the support of the crutch. She placed her hands on her hips and tilted her head.