Chapter 70| The Wedding night

Oooo, the Wedding night ;)

Enjoy the Chapter, guys *smiles*

**********************

'Do you Miss. Sana Zafar daughter of Mr. Pervez Zafar accept your Nikaah with Mr. Daanish Ahmad Ali, son of Mr. Khalid Ahmad Ali for Rs. One Lakh Meher?' The Maulvi asked the shy bride sitting in front of him.

Sana nodded. She was glad her face was covered with the veil and so no one would notice her smiling.

'Yes.' She said. She felt Saba hold her hand happily. The Maulvi asked her twice and Sana replied in affirmative. Then, she was passed the register and she sighed it. Everyone clapped and congratulated her.

Someone lifted her veil and she smiled upon seeing Alishba excitedly peeking inside.

'Congrats.' She winked at her and Sana blushed lowered her head.

'I can't believe my bff is my Bhabhi now.' She gushed. Then someone nudged her, and she winced moving to the side. Saba's happy face peeked into the veil. 'Congrats, Appi.' She too winked at her.

Before Saba could speak further someone interrupted her, - 'Come on, move and let me see my bahu.' Then Nanu's face peeped in. She smiled warmly at Sana, Sana smiled back and Nanu too winked at her. Sana blushed again.

After Nanu's fake heart attack drama, which everyone took as true, things mellowed down. Nanu managed to convince Mr. Ali and Mr. Shah. They gave in accepting this alliance. Sana and Daanish were the happiest. Alishba was equally happy and excited. After Alishba's reception, they returned to India and had hushed engagement. People were talking but the families didn't care. More the people, more the gossip but some things can't be controlled. Sana was glad the parents didn't bother about the "people."

******************************

As Sana sat on a well- decorated bed, she kept fidgeting with her fingernails. The silence in the room increased her nervousness. She could hear girls giggling outside and she shifted nervously.

Daanish is here – her heart jumped into her throat when she heard his deep voice from outside. He stood on the other side of the door and was negotiating with the girls. She clenched her lehenga tightly when she held the door unlock. Then, she closed her eyes upon hearing the door open and shut.

Why the hell am I so nervous. It is not like Daanish will eat me up – Sana told herself. Yet, she had no answer. She inhaled sharply as she felt him sit next to her.

Oh, God – Her heart skipped a beat when he held her palm.

'Sana?' He called softly. He caressed the back of her palm with this thumb and Sana felt goosebumps. She saw his fingers hold the hem of her dupatta. She closed her eyes as he lifted the veil of her velvet maroon and golden Lehengha. She lowered her head and pulled her legs closer to her chest.