Chapter 23| The Engagement

Misha stopped by the swing and excitedly pointed towards it. Daanish smiled at her. At first, Sana was looking at Misha but now her gaze was fixed on Daanish. He looked stunning in white tuxedo. The Black bow-tie complementing the tux very well. He had gelled his brown hair and neatly combed it.

'Hey, Sana!' Misha's chirpy voice broke Sana's trance. She shook her head. Daanish looked at her as well and she smiled at him. Misha hurried towards her and stood right in front.

'How am I looking?' She asked holding the edge of her frock. Sana leaned and kissed her cheek.

'Very beautiful.' She complimented the little girl and Misha blushed.

She then looked at Daanish and said happily, - 'Mamu (Maternal Uncle), she is Sana. She designed a beautiful dress for Khala (Maternal Aunt) and has promised she will make one for me too.'

Sana felt her cheek burn and her chest fill with pride when Misha complimented her in front of Daanish.

'Impressive, Sana.' Daanish complimented her as well. Sana blushed harder while nodding her head. Misha then got diverted by the swing. Sana watched Daanish play with Misha and she smiled dreamily.

Wow, he is so good with kids. *Sigh* He will make a perfect father of our kids – Sana thought dreamily. A silly grin appeared on her face.

'Sana.'

She quickly fixed her expressions and turned her head to the voice. Nanu walked up to her. She was accompanied by her "girl gang." She smiled warmly at Sana and she smiled back. Nanu then looked at her girls, - 'She is Sana,' – Nanu placed her palm on her shoulder, - 'She is Alishba's friend and works as a fashion designer in London. She has also designed the engagement dress for Alishba.' She said with pride. Sana humbly nodded as the ladies looked at her, impressed. They complimented her.

But one middle-aged woman with evil looking eyebrow didn't seem interested. Sana noted her but chose to ignore her.

The woman shifted closer and said, her voice cocky, - 'I have heard fashion designers are mostly gay? Are you gay too?' She made a disgusted face.

Sana's eyes widened on her comment and the other women gasped. Nanu shook her head and was about to say when someone interrupted them.

'Come on, Deena Chachi stop stereotyping everyone.' Daanish said as he stood next to Sana. He was with Misha by the swing next to the ladies and he overheard everything. Sana looked gratefully at him. He smiled at her and then looked at the woman again.

'By the way, if I am not wrong your son Sajid, recently he openly confessed he is gay.' Daanish said and the woman shifted, Sana was surprised by the revelation. Much to the woman's bad luck, Daanish added, - 'and he is an engineer.'

The woman pressed her lips tightly and exhaled deeply, - 'My husband is calling me. I should be going.' She said and turned around. Sana suppressed her smile, but the other ladies didn't bother, and they burst out laughing. Nanu complimented Daanish and patted his shoulder. He smiled widely at his grandmother.

After the laughter had died out, Nanu looked at Sana. 'By the way, you are not gay, right?'

Sana blinked at her and the friendly older woman smiled, - 'I am just asking because I will look for some beautiful ladies for you instead of a handsome boy.' She joked. Sana was flushed as the woman laughed. Daanish was smiling too.

'No, Nanu. I am not.' Sana said, embarrassed.

'Good, good.' Nanu patted her shoulder. The ladies then dispersed. Daanish looked at Sana, she avoided his gaze.