The Rising

Fagin breathes a sigh of relief. He has brought the body on an motorcycle that has seen better days, to the temple in the Crescent Desert. The temple of the Rising Sun. It is where it is said that a goddess will be awoken at this temple when brought before the altar. It's been many years and no sign of the goddess. It's noon, time to set her on the altar. Fagin mumbles a prayer on his breath. And then the whole world turns white with light.

Brazilla wakes up from her long rest. Standing before the altar is an old woman. A old man adjacent to the woman is frozen stiff. In a flash of light the woman turns into a bright glowing orb. Like that of the sun itself. The sun speaks in a warm throaty voice.
"I have need of a champion, a great evil will awaken in the near future and must be stopped. For only light can fight this darkness that is polluting and corrupting everything in its path. You will fill that role. Know not why you do it, know that you will do it. Do not question it you are always within my arms of embrace. You will always be safe within my light. Know that the heavens will always be triumphant."

The orb flashes once,twice and then three times then winks out. And in that flash Brazilla's clothes change from street rags, to heavenly robes. A scarf dangling off her shoulders and neck. Their appearance like that of a feather winged appendage. And she has a sword by her side. Her hair once a dirty mess is now radiant like that of the sun. She radiantly floats off the ground. The scarf seemingly moving like those of a bird when it's in flight.
She rights herself up,looks up to the sky and soars off.

Zephaniah runs through the seemingly endless mess hall. Demons are puking filth on him or jabbing him with unusual sharp eating utensils. More for torture than for eating. And just when he is about to enter the hallway the dirty rug is pulled from under him tripping him and sending him back to the kitchen area. He looks around for where he dropped his book. He finds it in a sink wet with blood. He pulls it out of the basin before being covered in blood covered plates. He then opens the book to the first page. It says simply in the middle of the first page:

"Fooled you!"

He screams in torment and anguish as the the demons start laughing at him. Whispering dark prophecies and secrets. For once in his life, he wasn't sad at all for himself he was angry at himself for just realizing he will never find peace. Not in this lifetime. With that he drops the book onto the floor, sits,crosses his legs and meditates.

The Lich cackles maniacally, his work a symphony in progress. He was deep underground in the bowels of a abandoned castle fortress on top of a near dead volcano. The air was foul with smoke and toxin. Filled with the screams of those damned to work in this scalding hot environment. Slaves mostly, but also samurai from the Akuma clan and Kyoryu clan as well. The Akuma have a jointed interest with the Marrionette clan whereas the Kyoryu samurai stationed here are mercenaries. Doing this for little else than for money. The Akuma clan in this case use the Dinosaurs's natural strength to operate the heavy machinery down below this. It is the  Akuma clan themselves that are surveying and planning from the bamboo rafters of this subterranean cave. The Imp clan are fastening hot steel pipes with chain and having them lifted up by the Stegosaurus clan. The Succubus clan are inscribing and enchanting their magic on the machines. The Pit Fiend clans are whipping slaves. The Triceratops clan are pushing a crank that moves a conveyor belt loaded with scrap iron which slaves are processing at the behest of the Hell Hound clan who's vigilance has been the downfall of any slave foolish enough to lag. The scrap metal is then melted by the Kiln Fiends which is then cooled into metal strips which the Tiefling clan is fashioning into armor shielding. The Devil Clan is up on top of  the rim of the volcano surveying the scene below all the while planning for logistics on attacking the Ryu clan. The evil spirits from the spirit realm are to join their army outside the border of the Dragon lands. The Lich meanwhile is having a pair of ankloysaurus, a dozen slaves, a score of imps build what appears to be some sort of massive metal beast. It's claws metallic and shining, its form seemingly moving like as if it's alive. It has seven heads, each shaped like an animal's separate from all the others. The heads were an eagle, a bear, a panther,a praying mantis, a viper, a tiger,and a warthog. Each had canine jaws big enough to eat even the Oni of the spirit realm in one gulp. It's tail serrated and like that of a lions. It had steel wings like that of a bat, with blades on the edge of its wings. And it had hands like that of an ape. A Man in Black robes is chanting over it. Occasionally sprinkling powder and other ground crumpled reagents. Screams of agony emanate from the mouth of the Beast. With the last of the chant the Man in Black touches the forehead of the Beast and it comes alive, it's red eyes come to life, it moves not animatronically but very fluid. It looks at the man in Black and bellows in a voice of crackling chains and the screams of the condemned. It knocks over and destroys some of the rafters that the imps have been using to work on it, sending them flying.