Hiligree

Stolsky and I were jittery and nervous. First time in the Brotherhood of Natives and he was sweating under his yellow ceremonial hood. His visage hidden by a yellow skull mask. It's eyes covered in one way mirrors. That seemed to suck in the darkness making them look like obsidian opals. It's scared the crap out of him when he wore it. It felt like your being sucked into those black hard eyes. How anybody can wear these masks are beyond me. They were in a van ,Stolsky and seven others. On this night as part of the initiation they were going into a neighborhood filled with immigrants. And they were going to get them out of what the Nativists believed were theirs. When said out loud it sounded good, but you keep turning it over in your head, it gives one feelings of shame and doubt. Like what did these people do to deserve this. And what were these people doing that inflicted harm upon me. What jobs were they taking. Stolsky came because he got suckered in by the camaraderie he heard about not for anything that involved attacking innocent people. Of course he wouldn't do this, but it's to late he's here. So they broke into a nuclear family. A father, a mother, a daughter and a son. A grandpa and grandma. A dog. A couple tanks of fish, which the attackers smashed. All murdered except for their mentally ill son who we saw as too defiant to kill. And his sister to watch his torment. He and his sister would be all alone. He would also be targeted by others once we told others that he's weak. His parents told him to be strong but he resisted us. We ate their food, stole their things and all other sorts of sinful revelry all to worship the Blood Father. All except two of us. We were in the bathrooms puking. It was disgusting and terrifying how man could do this to one another. And when they were done partying in sick unholy revelry and slept in the bloodied rooms, He and I took off into the night. Though I do not know what happened to my now real friend he said he liked books so maybe he'll do something with books, he said. Probably a librarian or a book seller. Me I wanted to get a drink at a bar. And maybe get work at an restraunt before opening up my own. So we sit in a bar. And stir in our cups. When all of a sudden somebody taps on my shoulder. A wiry man wearing red dinner jacket and spats. He has a fiddle in his left hand and with his right he seems to be doing a tap dance on my shoulder.
"Care for a little song and a dance?"
"Your head on a lance?"
"How comedic"
Stolsky smashes his beer bottle and makes it into a shanker. While I grabbed the chair. And smacked it at the crazed bard. He dodges it and pulls out the strangest looking gun. He pulls the trigger and a ray of what can only be described as heat hits and ignites my chair. I throw the chair at him. He dodges it again and plays with his fiddle and from out of the fire comes chittering like that of a combination of chattering of rats and hisses of cockroaches. From which the embers and sparks coalesce into creatures of fire. The flames on the chair seeming to give birth to these creatures as the bard sings and they hop off the chair and run and scamper, sparks flying as they hop all over the bar. Their hissing and what appears to be cackling permeating the bar as much as their heat. Stolsky runs to the door but gets blocked by a sea of fire out of control. Then the demonic live sparks jump in sadistic glee onto Stolsky and slice chunks of him with their little teeth and claws. Stolsky writhes in pain as he is covered in demonic hellfire. I look at this in horror as I feel coldness in my gut region. A stinging sensation as I fall to the ground. I look at my stomach and see a giant hole where my stomach organs would be. I close my eyes for my last time.

I open my eyes. It's dark and shady like that of being under a tree canopy.  I get up and look around. This is a tree canopy but all the leaves have rotted on the stem. Then I notice I'm not alone as what can only be described as a bird appears. It's feathers are mostly molted. It's head half decayed and it's missing its eye. It stinks of decay and gore.
"I am the force that's after death. I am the one who breathes life after death. I am rot and decay. I am the Vulture and by extension so are you. You may think this is redemption but that's long past. It is your job to hasten the demise of this universe so that it begins anew."