Arrown

Arrown the home of Eternal Halloween the rule of 13 Animals associated with Darkness. Bat, Spider,Wolf,Cat,Frog,Scorpion,Horse, Raven,Moth, Vulture, Owl, Snake,Jackal. These 13 beings are the kingpins of The underworld known as Arrown, the home world of all things that live and crawl in darkness and are of darkness. Here werewolves and vampires roam free. And battle for dominance. The Wolf is leader of the Lycanthrope Collective while the Bat is leader of the Vampiric Combine. The werewolves rule the daytime while the vampires are usually undisputed at night. Cities are mostly built underground for this reason. Underground tunnels and even homes and subterranean malls are common as the sunlight heat kills vampires. The sun itself is not the reason why a vampire distinegrates it's the heat. Therefore a vampire could theoretically walk in daytime. Provided there is shade and or cloudiness in the sky. But for the most part they keep to their underground fortresses. The werewolves in turn keep to their human forms. Rarely do they pick fights deep below ground, but when they do they use garlic infused bullets as that is one of the main weaknesses of a vampire, garlic.
The zodiac of darkness as they are called have had an uneasy peace. Most intended violence is perpetrated by the Bat who is envious of other lands occupied by his hated rival the Wolf. The other members of the zodiac tend to want to stay out of it keeping to their own lands. The Bat owns the plains and mountainous regions while the Wolf owns the Forests. Cat controls the roads and streets. Frog owns the swamps. Horse has control over a small amount of grasslands not controlled by the Bat, as well as a bit of the river- ways and ocean inlets. Scorpion, Snake and Jackal are in the deserts. Raven, Vulture and Owl live together by a combination of grasslands forests and mountains. And the Moth lives in the ocean where he pirates.

It is where dark magic born of hell is practiced. It is separate from magic of Falstaff as magic from Falstaff comes from either the spirit realm or the realm of dreams. Magic from Arrown comes from the realm of the heavens, albeit in the hellish parts. Occasionally though there are a few virtuous rebels who manage to make contact with the Heavens and not the Hells. But those are rare and far and in between. Magic in Kain comes from the elements that make up the universe. They don't necessarily draw from the realms so much as draw from the fabrics of reality itself. The realms themselves aren't necessarily part of reality as it can be shaped by the most powerful of people. Much like the instrument magic of Hiligree and weapon magic of Kain. Both magic is in demand among the normal people of Arrown for the Zodiac is widely feared and therefore hated. Reports of adventurers coming to these Gothic Victorian lands have widely been sought. Mostly they are sought for goods and supplies if the travelers are merchants or power if they are artisans of war or spell craft. Leaving isn't an option ,for Bat controls all the ways out both physically and magically. People are therefore shackled to their squalid homes in thorps and villages. Bat and his vampires have been seeking mercenaries from their neighbor Abel. Abel who are known for producing the best monster hunters. A counter to Wolf's samurai from Hikaru whom the Wolf considers to be cousins from across the world.

Meanwhile Cat,Horse and Toad have set up a clandestine meeting at Toad's misbegotten temple fortress. Cat has been offering Horse more land in a trust against Bat which Horse is reluctant to do so for obvious reasons. Toad has been offered the same deal and is much the same way as Horse. Toad and Horse are seen as Bat's main buffer state between Wolf and the Bat himself. Without the resources it gives Bat would destroy those two states. However because their so lucrative he lets both Horse and Toad live. In exchange for the lion's share. Both minor lords resent this but know they can't do anything lest they be assassinated in the night by vampires. Cat though rich ,due to her control of all roads is still under the mercy of most other Zodiac rulers. At any moment a assassin could come to kill her. Many are concerned for her appetite for power as of late. And it won't be long till night comes and Bat grows suspicious of his surroundings and does his nightly hunts. It is on these nights where anyone out and about are never heard from again. Cat needs an answer.
Cat:"We cannot sit here all night, Bat is coming and I need an answer now"
Horse:"What about if we fail in this plot,what then"
Toad:" I suggest we sit and wait for Wolf to come before we reveal ourselves"
Cat:"We don't have time for that I must leave then at first light, I will get our help from abroad. For years I have been developing contacts outside Arrown. I will support Wolf in his quest to kill Bat."